Smiths Rivulet, Merriwa Creek, Middle Creek, Harrys Creek
|Etymology||Aboriginal: "grass seeds"|
|State||New South Wales|
|Region||NSW North Coast (IBRA), Upper Hunter|
|Local government area||Upper Hunter|
|Source||Great Dividing Range|
|⁃ location||Oxleys Peak|
|⁃ elevation||475 m (1,558 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with the Goulburn River|
|below Mount Kerrabee|
|158 m (518 ft)|
|Length||78 km (48 mi)|
|River system||Hunter River catchment|
|⁃ left||Coulsons Creek, Butchers Swamp Creek, Vallances Creek, Horse Creek (New South Wales), Kittens Creek|
|⁃ right||Gummum Creek, Farm Springs Creek, Scrubby Creek|
|National park||Goulburn River NP|
Course and features
Merriwa River rises on the southern slopes of the Great Dividing Range, below Oxleys Peak, north of Merriwa and flows generally south, joined by eight minor tributaries before reaching its confluence with the Goulburn River below Mount Kerrabee. The river descends 317 metres (1,040 ft) over its 78 kilometres (48 mi) course.
- Rivers of New South Wales
- List of rivers of New South Wales (L-Z)
- List of rivers of Australia
- Goulburn River National Park
- "Merriwa River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Travel: Merriwa". The Sydney Morning Herald. 8 February 2004. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Map of Merriwa River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Hunter River catchment" (map). Office of Environment and Heritage. Government of New South Wales.
- Merriwa online community website