Evans River (New South Wales)
|State||New South Wales|
|IBRA||NSW North Coast|
|local government area||Richmond Valley|
|⁃ location||near Woodburn|
|⁃ elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|Mouth||Coral Sea, South Pacific Ocean|
|below Evans Head|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||17 km (11 mi)|
|Basin size||76 km2 (29 sq mi)|
|National park||Broadwater NP|
Course and features
Evans River rises from Tucombil Canal near Woodburn, near South Evans Head and flows in a meandering course generally east, south, and then northeast before reaching its mouth at the Coral Sea of the South Pacific Ocean below Evans Head; descending 21 metres (69 ft) over its 17 kilometres (11 mi) course.
- Rivers of New South Wales
- List of rivers of New South Wales (A-K)
- Rivers in Australia
- Athanassio Comino, an oyster lease holder on the river as early as 1882
- Roy, P. S; Williams, R. J; Jones, A. R; Yassini, I; et al. (2001). "Structure and Function of South-east Australian Estuaries". Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. 53: 351–384. doi:10.1006/ecss.2001.0796.
- "Evans River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Map of Evans River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Richmond River catchment" (map). Office of Environment and Heritage. Government of New South Wales.
|This New South Wales river or creek related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|