|State||New South Wales|
|Regions||Sydney Basin (IBRA), Southern Tablelands|
|Local government area||Palerang|
|Part of||Shoalhaven River|
|- left||Northangera Creek, Warrambucca Creek, Tantulean Creek, Cookanulla Creek|
|- right||Feagans Creek, Nettletons Creek|
|Source||Great Dividing Range|
|- location||southeast of Araluen|
|- elevation||796 m (2,612 ft)|
|- location||near Charleyong|
|- elevation||556 m (1,824 ft)|
|Length||72 km (45 mi)|
Location and features
The river rises on the western slopes of the Great Dividing Range within the Monga National Park about 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi) east southeast of the village of Araluen. The river flows generally north, joined by six minor tributaries before reaching its confluence with the Shoalhaven River approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) northwest of the locality of Charleyong. The river descends 242 metres (794 ft) over its 72 kilometres (45 mi) course.
- List of rivers of New South Wales
- List of rivers in New South Wales (L-Z)
- Monga National Park
- Rivers of New South Wales
- [Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales http://www.gnb.nsw.gov.au/place_naming/placename_search/extract?id=anQlXtKmMn. Missing or empty
|title=(help) "Mongarlowe River: 38728"] Check
|url=value (help). Geographical Names Register. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Map of Mongarlowe River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. 2013. Retrieved 23 May 2013.