Charles Courtenay, 19th Earl of Devon
|The Earl of Devon|
|Born||14 August 1975|
|Other titles||The Honourable (1975-1998)
Lord Courtenay (1998-2015)
|Predecessor||18th Earl of Devon|
|Heir||Jack Haydon Courtenay, Lord Courtenay|
|Spouse(s)||Allison Joy Courtenay, Countess of Devon|
|Parents||Hugh Courtenay, 18th Earl of Devon
Diana Courtenay (née Watherston), Countess of Devon
The 19th Earl of Devon was educated at Eton College. After obtaining an MA degree from St John's College, Cambridge in 2001, he followed his legal studies at the Inns of Court School of Law. Courtenay was admitted to the bar at Inner Temple in 1999. He married American actress A. J. Langer (full name: Allison Joy Langer) in a civil ceremony in 2004. Langer was given the courtesy title "Lady Courtenay." A formal wedding later took place on 30 April 2005, in Los Angeles. With his father's death, the former Lord Courtenay acceded to his father's peerage and estate. He and his family now reside at the family's ancestral home of Powderham Castle in Devon, England.
The 19th Earl of Devon and the Countess of Devon have two children, both born in Los Angeles:
- Lady Joscelyn Skye Courtenay (born 31 January 2007)
- Jack Haydon Langer Courtenay, Lord Courtenay (born 16 August 2009)
The 19th Earl of Devon has practised law with the Los Angeles, California office of Latham & Watkins since 2005. In January 2014, he permanently relocated his family to London and transferred to his firm's London office.
- Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th Edition, edited by Charles Mosley, Wilmington, Delaware, 2003, vol I, pp. 1121-6; ISBN 0-9711966-2-1
- Latham & Watkins: Charles Courtenay profile
- Charles Peregrine Courtenay, Lord Courtenay - website ThePeerage
- "Passages". People 67 (9). 5 March 2007.
- Oh, Eunice (27 August 2009). "AJ Langer's Son Becomes Heir to Royal Title". People.
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|