Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square
Denton County Courthouse
Courthouse in 2005
|Area||0.2 acres (0.081 ha)|
|Architect||Wesley Clark Dodson|
|NRHP reference #||77001438|
|Added to NRHP||December 20, 1977|
|Designated TSAL||May 28, 1981|
The Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square is the former courthouse of Denton County located in the county seat Denton, Texas. The Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square was constructed in 1896. In addition to county offices, the "Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum" also calls it home. The courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Courthouse is also the final resting place of John B. Denton, the county's and city's namesake.
The Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum is located at the Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square. The museum is one of three Denton County museums, which also include the Bayless-Selby House Museum, and the Denton County African American Museum.
The Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum focuses on the history and culture of Denton County. Exhibits include African American and Hispanic heritage, farming, weapons, dolls, Southwest American Indian and Denton County pottery, furniture, and special collections of American pressed blue glass, thimbles, Pecan folk art and quilts.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Denton County, Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Denton County
- List of county courthouses in Texas
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Historic Courthouses in Texas". Texas Historical Commission. Archived from the original on June 2, 2008. Retrieved March 28, 2008.
- "Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum: Historic Exhibits and Special Collections". Archived from the original on May 27, 2007. Retrieved January 26, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square.|
|This article about a property in Texas on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|