National Register of Historic Places listings in Austin County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Austin County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Austin County, Texas. There are one district and seven individual properties listed on the National Register in the county. Four individually listed properties are also Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks.
The publicly disclosed locations of National Register properties and districts may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Allens Creek Ossuary Site||March 21, 1975
|Address restricted||Wallis||41AU36, aka Earnest Witte Site|
|2||Austin County Jail||November 12, 1980
|36 S. Bell St.||Bellville||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|3||Church of the Guardian Angel||June 21, 1983
|5614 Demel St.||Wallis||Churches with Decorative Interior Painting TR|
|4||Old Masonic Hall||August 14, 1986
|15 N. Masonic St.||Bellville|
|5||Roesler House||May 10, 1984
|W of Nelsonville on TX 159||Nelsonville||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|6||San Felipe de Austin Historic and Archeological District||October 11, 2016
|15945 FM 1458||San Felipe||State Historic Site|
|7||Wesley Brethren Church||January 18, 1979
|S of Wesley||Wesley||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; Churches with Decorative Interior Painting TR|
|8||Witte-Schmid House||December 8, 1997
|Off Schoenau, near jct. with Eckermann||Shelby||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Austin County
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 17, 2020.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Austin County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons