Edmondson Park railway station
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Line(s)||South West Rail Link|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||8 February 2015|
Edmondson Park railway station is a station on the South West Rail Link which serves the south-western Sydney suburb of Edmondson Park. It opened on 8 February 2015. It is part of the Sydney Trains network.
Edmondson Park has one island platform with two faces. Initial services consisted of a half-hourly shuttle between Leppington and Liverpool. From 13 December 2015, trains operate to the city via Granville as part of the Airport, Inner West & South Line.
From 2017, commuters from Edmondson Park will have the choice to travel to either the city via Granville or to Blacktown via the Cumberland Line, when new services are introduced later in the year.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via Liverpool and Granville|||
|2||services to Leppington|
Interline Bus Services operate one route via Edmondson Park station:
- Sydney’s new rail line to open next month Daily Telegraph 2 January 2015
- South West Rail Link opens to customers in February 2015 Transport for NSW 2 January 2015
- South West Rail Link Overview p.3 - Transport Construction Authority
- "First test trains hit the tracks on South West Rail Link". Transport for NSW. 6 November 2014.
- "South West Rail Link: Soon to head North and East, with more services". Transport for NSW. 15 October 2015.
- Barr, Eliza (27 February 2017). "Southwest Sydney train service to increase with new peak hour trains and north-south connection from Leppington to Parramatta and Blacktown". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- O'Sullivan, Matt (27 February 2017). "Decision on rail link to new Sydney airport 'many years off', Transport Minister Andrew Constance says". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "Route 869 timetable" (PDF). Interline Bus Services. 8 February 2015.