Granville railway station
Station front in February 2007
|Location||Bridge Street, Granville|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||21.22 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||2 July 1860|
|Passengers (2013)||6,080 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Granville railway station is an Australian train station located on the Main Suburban line, serving the Sydney suburb of Granville. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Western Line and T2 Inner West & Leppington Line services. It is the junction for the Main Western line and the Main South line.
Granville station opened on 2 July 1860 as Parramatta Junction, and is close to the original terminus of the first railway line in New South Wales which was completed in 1855. On 1 September 1880 it was relocated to its present location and renamed Granville.
Granville Junction lies immediately to the west of the station and is the junction point of the Main Western and the original Main South lines, now referred to as the Old Main South after the opening of the Lidcombe to Cabramatta bypass.
Granville has traditionally served as a transfer station, a role that has been diluted since the construction of a 'Y-link' track between the neighbouring Harris Park and Merrylands stations. Since 1996, this track has allowed direct travel between the Main Western and Main South lines via the Cumberland Line.
Platforms and services
|1||Services to Hornsby & Berowra|
|2||Services to Penrith|
|3||Services to Hornsby & Berowra|
|Services to Central & the City Circle|
|4||Services to Penrith|
|Services to Parramatta & Leppington|
Transdev NSW operates three routes via Granville railway station:
- 906: Parramatta station to Fairfield station
- M91: Parramatta station to Hurstville
- S2: to Sefton
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Granville Station. NSWrail.net
- Granville Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Churchman, Geoffrey (1995). Railway Electrification in Australia & New Zealand. Smithfield: IPL Books. ISBN 0 908876 79 3.
- Granville Rail Disaster Granville Historical Society
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest December 1990 page 447
- "Transdev NSW route 906". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route M91". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 908". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.