Granville railway station
Station front in February 2007
|Location||Bridge Street, Granville|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||21.22 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Opened||2 July 1860|
Granville railway station is located on the Main Suburban line, serving the Sydney suburb of Granville. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Western Line and T2 Inner West & South Line services and NSW TrainLink Blue Mountains Line services. It is the junction for the Main Western line and the Main South line.
Granville station opened on 2 July 1860 as Parramatta Junction, and is close to the original terminus of the first railway line in New South Wales which was completed in 1855. On 1 September 1880 it was relocated to its present location and renamed Granville.
Granville Junction lies immediately to the west of the station and is the junction point of the Main Western and the original Main South lines, now referred to as the Old Main South after the opening of the Lidcombe to Cabramatta bypass.
Platforms and services
|1||Services to Hornsby & Berowra|||
|Services to Central||weekends only|
|2||Services to Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|Services to Katoomba, Mount Victoria & Lithgow||weekends only|
|3||Services to Hornsby & Berowra|||
|Services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||Services to Richmond & Emu Plains|||
|Services to Leppington & Campbelltown|||
- Granville Station. NSWrail.net
- Granville Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Churchman, Geoffrey (1995). Railway Electrification in Australia & New Zealand. Smithfield: IPL Books. ISBN 0 908876 79 3.
- Granville Rail Disaster Granville Historical Society
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest December 1990 page 447
- "T1: North Shore & Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Blue Mountains line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T1: Western line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "Route 906 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Route M91 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 20 April 2015.
- "Routes 908 and S2 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW