Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
|Affiliation||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Campus||Urban, 110 Acres|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of India's leading universities focusing on engineering. The university has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with an "A" grade. JNTU Kakinada is known for its EAMCET entrance test where over 250,000 students take the test every year for around 600 seats in its undergraduate engineering courses. All the selected top candidates for engineering programs enroll at the University College of Engineering (Autonomous) Kakinada.
The college offers the following programmes: B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Petro Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering, B.pharmacy and M.pharmacy, M.Tech. in Soil Mechanics & foundation Engineering, Structural Engineering, Advanced power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Computers & Communication, and Computer Science, Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and PhD programmes in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Apart from the regular engineering courses, the university college of engineering offers a five-year International Integrated Masters Program popularly known as the IIMDP. The university also offers collaborative MBA with Central Michigan University.
JNTU Kakinada is actively pursuing research in the areas of renewable energy, environment, biotechnology etc. and has established the following schools for advanced study and research:
- School of Management Studies
- School of Health Sciences and Research
- School of Pharmacy Life Sciences Research
- School of Renewable Energy and Environment
- School of Food Technology
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Avionics
International Integrated Master's Program
The International Integrated Master's Programme (IIMDP) is five-years in duration.
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3 years course of study at JNTUK & 1 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with Telecommunications Systems.
- B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3 years course of study at JNTUK & 1 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with (a) Computer Science and (b) Software Engineering.
- B.Tech (Civil Engineering) – Intake- 60 – 3 years course of study at JNTUK & 1 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Construction Engineering and Infrastructure Management, (b) Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (c) Environmental Engineering and Management
- B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics Enguneering) – Intake- 40 – 3 years course of study at JNTUK & 1 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Energy Technology (b) Micro Electronics.
- B.Tech (Aviation Engineering) – 4 years duration – First 2 years at JNTUK, 1 years at U.S Flight Academy, United States with Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Professional Pilot Licenses and last 1/2 year at JNTUK.
Master of Science in Information Technology
The MSIT (Master of Science in Information Technology) is a two-year post graduate programme in Computer Science. MSIT is an innovative multi-university interdisciplinary post-graduate programme offered by the “Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning” (CIHL), formed by the select few universities in the Andhra Pradesh in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA. 
Admission into B.Tech is based on EAMCET or ECET ranks; admission into M.Tech is based on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or PGECET scores; and admission into MCA is based on ICET rank. The best rankers of the state in the above entrance examinations will get admission into the college.
Admission into its undergraduate engineering courses is extremely competitive with less than 1% of the students from the Open Category getting selected to study at the University College of Engineering Kakinada, JNTUK through EAMCET entrance examination every year.
The JNTUK has produced many alumni in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management (STEM).
A few are as follow:
- http://www.sakshieducation.com/(S(2zjl4f55isi0um45vzra4d45))/AdmissionsStory.aspx?nid=14689&cid=2&sid=11&chid=0&tid=0. Missing or empty
- http://www.eexam.in/jntu-kakinada-admissions-to-iic-programmes-2015.html. Missing or empty
- "About JNTUK | JNTU kakinada". www.jntuk.edu.in. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.|