Erich Schiffmann (born 1953, Los Angeles, California) is an accomplished American Yoga Master widely known for his award-winning video, Yoga Mind & Body, featuring actress Ali MacGraw. He is the author of a best-selling book, Moving into Stillness. He has been teaching yoga for more than twenty years.
At age 18 Schiffmann sent a handwritten letter to Krishnamurti and was accepted to study with him in England.[not specific enough to verify] He deepened his practice of yoga with Desikachar and Iyengar in India, and with Dona Holleman and Vanda Scaravelli in Europe.
Yoga Society president Leighanne Buchanan called Schiffmann one of the "innovators" in Yoga Journal's fall 2000 issue. He has produced numerous yoga instructional videos and conducts yoga workshops and teacher training throughout the United States and internationally. He currently resides in Santa Monica, California.
Books and videos
- Schiffmann, Erich (1996). Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness. New York: Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-53480-7.
- Schiffmann, Erich (Yoga Master); and MacGraw, Ali (Performer) (1994). Yoga, Mind & Body (Videotape). Burbank, Calif.: Warner Home Video.
- Views yogajournal.com. Accessed July 6, 2006
- Sitting down with Erich Schiffman layogamagazine.com. Accessed July 6, 2006
- Photos yogasocietynashville.com. Accessed July 6, 2006
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|