For Peace and Stability (parliamentary group)
|Founded||July 2, 2014|
|Dissolved||November 27, 2014|
36 / 450
For Peace and Stability (Ukrainian: За мир і стабільність) was a Ukrainian parliamentary faction in its national parliament Verkhovna Rada from 2 July 2014 till 27 November 2014. The group included 34 MPs.
For Peace and Stability was created by MPs Vitaly Grushevskii, Evgeniy Balitskii and Oleksandr Prysiazhniuk. Prysiazhniuk had just left the faction of the Communist Party of Ukraine the day before. Balitskii and Grushevskii were former MPs of Party of Regions. Balitskii and Grushevskii had left the faction of Party of regions on 3 June 2014. Almost all of the other members were also former MPs of Party of Regions and a few former MPs for the Communist Party. Lev Mirimsky of the party Union was also a member of the faction. Mirimsky is one of the five MPs from the 10 MPs elected in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea during the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election that became a member of the faction.[nb 1]
36 / 450
- The status of Crimea and of the city of Sevastopol is since March 2014 under dispute between Russia and Ukraine; Ukraine and the majority of the international community consider Crimea to be an autonomous republic of Ukraine and Sevastopol to be one of Ukraine's cities with special status, while Russia, on the other hand, considers Crimea to be a federal subject of Russia and Sevastopol to be one of Russia's three federal cities.
- (in Ukrainian) Депутатські фракції і групи VII скликання Deputy fractions and Groups VII convocation Archived September 12, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian) In Parliament created a faction, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 November 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) , Ukrayinska Pravda (2 July 2014)
- Six MPs leave Communist Party faction in Ukraine's parliament, Interfax-Ukraine (1 July 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) Dynamics in the fraction of the in the Communist Party of Ukraine in the VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian) Dynamics in the fraction of the in the areParty of Regions in the VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- (in Ukrainian) Dynamics in the fraction For Peace and Stability in the VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- Gutterman, Steve. "Putin signs Crimea treaty, will not seize other Ukraine regions". Reuters.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Ukraine crisis timeline, BBC News
- UN General Assembly adopts resolution affirming Ukraine's territorial integrity, China Central Television (28 March 2014)
- Personal website of faction member Lev Mirimsky (in Russian)
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|