Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing Kancheepuram
|Motto||"Learning By Doing"|
|Director||Dr. R. Gnanamoorthy|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram (IIITDM Kancheepuram) is an Institute of National Importance established in 2007 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India to pursue design and manufacturing oriented engineering education, research and to promote the competitive advantage of Indian products in global markets. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance (INI) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, in July 2011, thus becoming the first IIIT to be accorded this status. Later in 2014, IIIT Bill 2014 was passed by the Parliament on December 1, 2014, thus granting the status of Institutes of National Importance upon the 4 MHRD funded IIITs including IIITDM Kancheepuram. IIITDM Kancheepuram currently mentors IIITDM Kurnool in its new campus at Chennai. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), the institute is ranked 80 in the 2016 engineering university rankings.
B.Tech and Dual Degree programs offered
The institute offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Dual degrees in design and Manufacturing areas.
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Design and Manufacturing)
- Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing)
- Mechanical - Smart Manufacturing (from the academic year 2016-17)
Dual Degree Programs
- B.Tech - Computer Engineering + M.Tech - Computer Engineering
- B.Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M.Tech VLSI & Electronic System Design
- B.Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M.Tech Signal Processing and Communication System Design
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M.Tech Product Design
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing) + M.Tech Advanced Manufacturing
Admission to the undergraduate programmes is based on All India Rank (AIR) in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main).
M.Des (PG) Programs
IIITDM Kancheepuram offers Master of Design in Mechanical Systems, Electronic Systems from August 2010, and Communication Systems from 2012. These programs enables mechanical and electrical/electronics engineers to specialize in design skills and create electronic, communication and mechanical products. The course duration is of two years. Admission to these programs is centralised based on GATE score alone.
Doctoral degree programs in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical, Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering are offered by the institute. Ph.D research scholars work under the full-time guidance of faculty members. Research is in the areas of Robotics, Dynamics & Control, Mechanical Design, Fatigue and Fracture Machine, Tribo Design, Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge & Data Engineering, Image Processing, Theoretical Computer Science, Solar Energy, Photonics, Fiber Optics, Micro Electronics, CAD for digital circuits, Graph coloring problems and algorithms, and Fuzzy Logic.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081020011542/http://www.iiitdm.iitm.ac.in/group%20members.html. Archived from the original on October 20, 2008. Retrieved June 2, 2010. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20120912173124/http://www.tn.gov.in/stationeryprinting/extraordinary/2011/199-Ex-IV-4.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 12, 2012. Retrieved November 4, 2012. Missing or empty
- "IIIT Kancheepuram to mentor Andhra Pradesh counterpart". 2015-06-28. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "http://iiitdm.ac.in/academics.php". iiitdm.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-12-10. External link in
- "Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main)". Retrieved 1 August 2013.