|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Political party||Alternative for Germany|
Kuhs worked as a magistrate and for the State Audit Office in Freiburg. He first joined AfD in 2013, being an early member of the party. Within the AfD, he is a member of the Christians in the AfD (ChrAfD) group.
In May 2019, he was elected to the European Parliament for the AfD. In the German local elections taking place at the same time, he was elected to the municipal council of Baden-Baden. In the European Parliament, he sits with the Identity and Democracy group.
In 2020, German journalist Michael Kraske claimed that Kuhs had stated with the "old parties" in Germany would "force the Africanization of our culture."
- "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Alle Gewählte in alphabetischer Reihenfolge". Der Bundeswahlleiter (in German). Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- Joachim Kuhs leitet kommissarisch "Christen in der AfD", 20. Oktober 2017, Domradio
- „Christen in der AfD“: Stellvertretender Vorsitzender im Bundesvorstand, 4. Dezember 2017, Evangelische Nachrichtenagentur idea
- Endgültiges Wahlergebnis der Gemeinderatswahl 2019, www.baden-baden.de
- Michael Kraske: Tatworte. Denn AfD & Co. meinen, was sie sagen. Ullstein, Berlin 2021, S. 43