List of countries with alcohol prohibition
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Iraq (the draft law for banning alcohol has not been executed by the Iraqi government yet in Iraq)
- Indonesia (prohibition in small business shops)
- India (prohibition in the states of Kerala, Gujarat, Bihar, Nagaland, and the union territory of Lakshwadeep)
- Maldives (excluding non-Muslims)
- Pakistan (excluding non-Muslims)
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates (prohibition in the emirate of Sharjah)
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- United States – 1920–1933 (see prohibition in the United States)
- Canada – 1918–1920 (see prohibition in Canada)
- Faroe Islands – 1907–1992 (see Faroese alcohol referendum, 1907)
- Russian Empire and the Soviet Union – 1914–1923
- Iceland – 1915–1935 (see prohibition in Iceland) – However beer with an alcohol content exceeding 2.25% was prohibited until 1989.
- Norway – 1916–1927
- Hungarian Soviet Republic – March 21 – August 1, 1919 – Sale and consumption of alcohol was prohibited.
- Finland – 1919–1932
- "Alcohol Prohibition in Foreign Countries". QuitAlcohol.com. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Iraq's parliament passes law banning alcohol". The Guardian. 23 October 2016. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Iraqi president calls for parliamentary rethink on law banning alcohol". The Independent. 27 October 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Indonesia bans alcohol sales in small shops". BBC News.
- "States with total and phase-wise prohibition of alcohol in India". The Indian Express.
- "India's Bihar alcohol ban struck down". BBC News. Retrieved 18 May 2016.