List of law enforcement agencies in Nebraska
This is a list of law enforcement agencies in the state of Nebraska.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 225 law enforcement agencies employing 3,765 sworn officers, about 211 for each 100,000 residents.
- Nebraska Brand Committee
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture — responsible for enforcement of the Nebraska Pesticide Act
- Nebraska Department of Insurance - Insurance Fraud Prevention Division
- Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles, Driver & Vehicle Records Division, Fraud Investigation Section - "performs investigative work relating to vehicle title and registration fraud, driver's license fraud, and odometer fraud. Motor Vehicle Fraud Investigators are certified Nebraska Law Enforcement Officers commissioned as Deputy State Sheriffs."
- Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency - Homeland Security
- Nebraska Game and Parks Commission - conservation officers enforce Nebraska wildlife laws
- Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center
- Nebraska State Fire Marshal
- Nebraska State Patrol
- Nebraska State Racing Commission
- University of Nebraska at Kearney Police Department
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln Police Department
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Police Department
Other law enforcement agencies
- Brian A. Reaves, 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics (July 2011), p. 15.
- Enforcement of the Nebraska Pesticide Act, Nebraska Department of Agriculture (accessed September 11, 2016).
- Fraud Investigation Section, Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (accessed September 11, 2016).
- Conservation Officers, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (accessed September 11, 2016).
- "Police Department". Beatrice Police Department. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Cop Who Fatally Shot Unarmed Suspect Resigns". Huffington Post. Reuters. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Nebraska Criminal Justice Directory - April 2010 edition