Michael J. Lindell
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mike Lindell at "America First Policies" conference in 2018
|Occupation||Inventor, CEO of My Pillow, Inc.|
Early life and career
Lindell then invented the MyPillow pillow in 2004 and grew the MyPillow business into a major Minnesota manufacturing company with 1,600 employees in 2018 and 43 million pillows sold as of 2018.
In 1982, Lindell became addicted to cocaine and alcohol, and became addicted to crack cocaine in the 1990s. His addictions even stretched through the early years of the MyPillow business. Due to these addictions, he lost his marriage of 20 years, his house, and nearly the MyPillow business. Lindell achieved sobriety through prayer in 2009.
In March 2017, Lindell produced The Mike Lindell Story: An American Dream, a documentary about Lindell overcoming drug addiction and building a multimillion-dollar business. The documentary was shot in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Pantages Theatre.
Lindell created the Lindell Foundation, a faith-based foundation originally started to help addicts and MyPillow employees. The Lindell Foundation had a soft launch nationwide in August 2017, with a special project to help Hurricane Harvey victims. The foundation's focus was then broadened to help people with any personal problem, including addictions, work and spousal problems, cancer victims, veterans. The foundation also offers services to active duty military members. The Lindell Foundation pays the overhead, so 100% of all donations go to the vetted organizations and individuals in need.
The Lindell Recovery Network was founded by Lindell to "bring hope, recovery, and mentorship" to those struggling with drug addictions. The platform will give addicts the ability to view stories from recovered addicts who are their age and use the same drugs. The addicts will also be able to access vetted, Christian recovery organizations, as well as have access to mentors for help when they get out of recovery. The Lindell Recovery Network was highlighted in an October 24, 2018, Opioid Crisis meeting hosted by President Trump at the White House. Lindell attended this meeting with 21 other private-sector and nonprofit partners that are “stepping up and stepping in to make a difference” in the opioid crises. 
Donald Trump advocacy
Lindell met with the-Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, at Trump's request, in August 2016 in the Trump Tower in New York City. They talked about the benefits of products being made in America, bringing jobs back to the USA, and helping the inner cities. From that time on, Lindell was an avid Trump supporter, even calling Trump “the most amazing president this country has ever seen in history.” On October 19, 2016, Lindell attended the final presidential debate in Las Vegas, Lindell spoke at a Trump campaign rally in Minneapolis on November 6, 2016 and attended the Official Donald Watch Party on November 8. He attended Trump's inauguration, receiving an inauguration lapel pin as a personal gift from Trump.
On July 19, 2017, Lindell sat next to President Trump at the White House’s Made in America Roundtable with 19 other industry leaders, Vice President Mike Pence, White House staff members, and four US Representatives. At the meeting and later in print, Lindell emphasized the economic importance of products being made in America.
At a rally in Fargo, North Dakota on June 27, 2018, Trump praised Lindell, saying, “I want you to be my ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals.” Lindell spoke at a Trump campaign rally on October 4, 2018, in Rochester, Minnesota, saying he was “100 percent convinced he (Trump) would be the greatest president in history” after meeting with Trump during the 2016 campaign.
- "How this entrepreneur went from a crack addict to a self-made multimillionaire". CNBC. CNBC. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "The Preposterous Success Story of America's Pillow King". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- CNN, Betsy Klein. "How the MyPillow guy became a midterm messenger". CNN. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "Mike Lindell's fitful journey from crack addict to MyPillow magnate". StarTribune. Star Tribune. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "The story of the My Pillow king". CBS News. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "'My Pillow' founder opens up about addiction". Salvation Army Northern Division: Serving every county in Minnesota and North Dakota. Salvation Army. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "International Opulence Fall 2017; Philanthropy; The Most Seen Man on TV and His Novel Notion on Giving". International Opulence Magazine. pp. 126–127. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- ""The Mike Lindell Story: An American Dream" Exclusively on RFD-TV". RFDTV. Frankly, Inc. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Special Projects Donation Update: Hurricane Harvey". Lindell Foundation. Lindell Foundation. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "MyPillow to donate 60,000 pillows to Hurricane Harvey victims". Shakopee Valley News. SWNewsMedia.com. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "MyPillow Inventor Mike Lindell Shares Testimony at NRB Media Leadership Dinner". NRB. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "A Year of Historic Action to Combat the Opioid Crisis". WhiteHouse.gov. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell and His Story of Hope". WebProNews. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- Williams, Nick (January 20, 2017). "What MyPillow's CEO got from Donald Trump at the inauguration". Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal. Minneapolis, Minnesota: American City Business Journals. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- Lindell, Michael J. (July 24, 2017). "Mike Lindell: Here's why Made in America really will help make America great again". Fox News. New York City: News Corp. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- "Web Extra: Mike Lindell Speaks At Trump Rally". CBS Minnesota. CBS Broadcasting Inc. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Live Reaction to Pres Debate". Facebook - Fox Business. Facebook. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "MyPillow CEO on attending 'surreal' Trump party". KARE 11. KARE-TV. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Made in America Roundtable". Whitehouse.gov. United States Government. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "MyPillow CEO Featured In White House Event With Trump, Paulsen". CBS Minnesota. Minneapolis, Minnesota: CBS Broadcasting Inc. July 19, 2017. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- Fernandez, Henry (June 27, 2018). "Trump: 'MyPillow guy' should be my ad buyer". FOXBusiness. New York City: News Corp. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Live: Thousands gather for President Trump's Rochester rally". Star-Tribune. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Star Tribune Media Company, LLC. October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "My Pillow founder Mike Lindell: Donald Trump was 'chosen by God' to run for president". Washington Times. March 1, 2019.