||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Michelle DaRosa playing in Straylight Run on November 11, 2006 at the Beat Kitchen in Chicago, IL
|Birth name||Michelle Nolan|
|Born||September 13, 1980|
|Associated acts||Straylight Run
Taking Back Sunday
Michelle DaRosa was born Michelle Nolan on September 13, 1980 in Rockville Centre, Nassau County, New York to Tom and Linda Nolan. Like her brother and former bandmate, John Nolan, she grew up in Baldwin, Nassau County, New York. She attended South Shore Christian School in Levittown, New York for her freshman and second years of high school. She then attended Baldwin High School in Baldwin, New York for her junior and senior years. During her junior and senior years of high school, Michelle also attended Nassau Tech in Westbury, New York to study cosmetology.
Before Straylight Run, Michelle Nolan had lived in Seattle and played bass for the bands Chromatics and Shoplifting. She also provided background vocals for two of the songs off of Taking Back Sunday's debut album, Tell All Your Friends ("Bike Scene" and "Ghost Man on Third"). Also, Michelle was formerly a nanny, hairdresser, and a ballet dancer. She married fellow musician, Jeff DaRosa (of Dropkick Murphys fame), on October 6, 2006, and has since taken his last name. They live together in Boston.
In January 2006, Michelle made an appearance on MTV's Total Request Live, singing back-up vocals for Coheed and Cambria's song, "The Suffering". Michelle also contributed vocals on the song "Lightning Strikes Twice in New York" by the band Men, Women and Children.
Shaun Cooper and Sam Means have since left Destry. Tyler Odom (ex-Northstar) has taken the place of Means, and Jeff DaRosa (Dropkick Murphys) can be seen on bass in place of Shaun Cooper.
- Tell All Your Friends (2002 as Michelle Nolan)
- Demo – (2003 as Straylight Run)
- Straylight Run (2004 as Straylight Run)
- Prepare To Be Wrong EP (2005 as Straylight Run)
- The Needles the Space (2007 as Straylight Run) – Credited as Michelle DaRosa.
- TNTS Digital - EP (2007 as Straylight Run) exclusively on the iTunes Store
- It Goes On (2009 as Destry)
- Saitowitz, Paul (November 21, 2007). "Straylight Run has chemistry as thick as blood". Press-Enterprise. Retrieved August 15, 2011.