Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ashutosh Gowariker|
|Produced by||Sunita Gowariker|
|Written by||Ashok Chakradhar|
|Screenplay by||Chandrashekhar Dhavalikar|
|Cinematography||C. K. Muraleedharan|
|Edited by||Steven Bernard|
Ashutosh Gowariker Productions
Vision World Films
|Distributed by||Reliance Entertainment|
Panipat is an upcoming 2019 Indian historical war film directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar. Based on the Third Battle of Panipat, it stars Arjun Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt, and Kriti Sanon and is scheduled to release on 6 December 2019. 
In the 18th century, the Marathas emerge as the most powerful empire in the whole India. However, their happiness is short lived as the Afghan King Ahmad Shah Abdali plans to take over India and the Maratha Peshwa orders Sadashiv Rao Bhau to stop him at any cost, thus leading to the Third Battle of Panipat between the two armies.
- Arjun Kapoor as Sadashiv Rao Bhau
- Sanjay Dutt as Ahmad Shah Abdali
- Kriti Sanon as Parvati Bai
- Mohnish Bahl as Nana Saheb Peshwa
- Padmini Kolhapure as Gopika Bai
- Zeenat Aman as Sakina Begum
- Sahil Salathia as Shamsher Bahadur
- Kunal Kapoor as Shuja-ud-Daula
- Abhishek Nigam as Vishwas Rao
- Ravindra Mahajani as Malhar Rao Holkar
- Gashmeer Mahajani as Jankoji Shinde
- Nawab Shah as Ibrahim Khan Gardi
- Mantra as Najib-Ud-Daula
- Suhasini Mulay
- Vinita Mahesh
- Krutika Deo
- Shyam Mashalkar
National Award winning art director Nitin Chandrakant Desai recreated the majestic Shaniwar Wada at ND Studios, Karjat. Neeta Lulla has designed the costumes. Veteran actress Padmini Kolhapure joined the cast in October 2018 as Gopika Bai. Zeenat Aman joined the film in June 2019 to portray Sakina Begum.
On 30 November, 2018, Gowariker and the cast tweeted a promotional poster to announce the beginning of principal photography. On 30 June 2019, Sanon wrapped up shoot by posting pictures and notes for Gowariker and Kapoor.
Marketing and release
The first teaser poster was released on 15 March 2018.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Mard Maratha"||Ajay−Atul, Sudesh Bhosle, Kunal Ganjawala, Swapnil Bandodkar, Padmanabh Gaikwad, Priyanka Barve||6:06|
- "Ashutosh Gowariker to make film on the Third Battle of Panipat". The Times of India.
- "Kriti Sanon: Excited to share work space with Sanjay Dutt". The Times of India.
- "Ashutosh Gowariker's period drama 'Panipat' first poster is out". Connect Gujarat. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- "Sadashiv Rao Bhau - Bravery Is To Stand For What You Believe In, Even If You Stand Alone". Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Ahmad Shah Abdali - Death strikes where his shadow falls". Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Parvati Bai - A True Queen Needs No Crown". Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Nana Saheb Peshwa - A King is governed by the blood running through his veins". Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Gopika Bai - The keys to the kingdom lie in the heart of the Queen". Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Sakina Begum - Friends can be found in the darkest of places". Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Shamsher Bahadur - Brave son of Bajirao and Mastani, and the cousin of Sadashiv Rao Bhau". Retrieved 10 November 2019.
- "Shuja-Ud-Daula - The strongest ally is he who turns the tide". Retrieved 10 November 2019.
- "Vishwas Rao - The future must wait for the appointed hour". Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- "Malhar Rao Holkar- Experience is an armor that no arrow can pierce". Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- "Jankoji Shinde - The fire of revenge is fueled by his every breath". Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- "Ibrahim Khan Gardi - Loyalty knows no other God". Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Najib-Ud-Daula - Cunning is cutting your enemy's throat, without him noticing it". Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Ashutosh Gowariker To Recreate Shaniwar Wada for Panipat". Koimoi.
- "Neeta Lulla to design costumes for Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Panipat'". The Times of India.
- "Padmini Kolhapure joins Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Sanjay Dutt in Ashutosh Gowariker's Panipat". Firstpost.
- DelhiJune 17, India Today Web Desk New; June 17, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 12:22. "Veteran actress Zeenat Aman joins cast of Ashutosh Gowariker's Panipat. Details here". India Today. Retrieved 30 June 2019.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Panipat: Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Kapoor and Kriti Sanon starrer goes on floors". Zee News.
- "Kriti Sanon wraps up the shoot of Panipat; shares a note thanking Arjun Kapoor and Ashutosh Gowariker | Bollywood News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Reliance Entertainment (5 November 2019). "Panipat - Official Trailer - Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon - Ashutosh Gowariker - Dec 6". Retrieved 5 November 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Ajay-Atul to create music for 'Panipat'". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Javed Akhtar to pen lyrics for Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Panipat'". The Times of India.