The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Headquarters in Ontario, CA
|United States, United Arab Emirates|
|Parent||Al Yousuf LLC|
Phoenix Cars LLC., d.b.a. Phoenix Motorcars based in Ontario, California, is a leading developer of zero emission, all-electric vehicles (EV), focused on the deployment of light- and medium-duty EVs into the fleet and transit markets. The company was founded in 2002 and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Al Yousuf LLC in 2009. Phoenix launched its all-electric 14-22 passenger shuttle bus with 100 mile range per charge in 2013. The bus is based on the versatile Ford E350/450 Series vehicle.
Restructuring and financing
On March 19, 2008, Phoenix Motorcars announced that it had completed a financing and restructuring, with Dubai, United Arab Emirates-Al Yousuf LLC, and Arlington, Virginia-based AES Corporation, as new investors, the departure of the Phoenix Motorcars’ original founders and the appointment of a new board of directors.
In mid-2010, Al Yousuf LLC closed on a deal with AES Corporation that enabled Phoenix Motorcars to become a wholly owned subsidiary of Al Yousuf LLC. This led to another restructuring of Phoenix Motorcars in less than 2 years, with the company switching its focus to its 3rd generation drive system targete for buses and trucks on the Ford E350/E450 cutaway chassis.
Zero Emission Utility Shuttle -ZEUS
Phoenix launched its third product in 2013, which is based on the versatile Ford E350/E450 Series, an all-electric 14-22 passenger shuttle bus with 100-mile range per charge. It is currently available in the United States and Canada.
This product achieved California Air Resources Board (CARB) certification in July, 2014 in the 10,001-14,000# GVWR range. Along with its 100-mile range per charge, the ZEUS shuttle is capable of rapid charging via CHAdeMO or SAE standards. It also has optional features such as ADA capability and advanced battery diagnostic display.
Electric Flatbed Truck
Phoenix launched its electric Flatbed in 2015, which is also based on the Ford E350/450 Series, with 100 mile range per charge. It is currently available in the United States and Canada.
- "Phoenix Motorcars SUT". Futurecars.com. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Phoenix Motorcars, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Electric Cars, Green Vehicle". Phoenix Motorcars. Archived from the original on 2013-05-11. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Electric Cars, Green Vehicle". Phoenix Motorcars. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Phoenix Motorcars Introduces AWD Model Electric Pickup". Evworld.Com. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Electric Cars, Green Vehicle". Phoenix Motorcars. Archived from the original on 2014-10-11. Retrieved 2013-05-03.