Santa Fe Independent School District
Santa Fe Independent School District (SFISD) is a public school district based in Santa Fe, Texas (USA). In addition to Santa Fe, the district serves parts of League City, La Marque, Hitchcock, and Dickinson.
The district was a petitioner of the United States Supreme Court case Santa Fe Independent School Dist. v. Doe, which held that student-led, student-initiated prayer at football games violates the Establishment Clause of the United States Constitution.
|Santa Fe Independent School District|
|4133 Warpath Avenue, Santa Fe, Texas 77510
|Motto||Prepare. Achieve. Succeed.|
|Superintendent||Dr. Leigh Wall|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Website||Santa Fe ISD|
- R.J. Wollam Elementary School, 3400 Avenue S,(Pre-K through 2nd grade)
- Dan J. Kubacak Elementary, 4131 Warpath, (grades 3-5; formerly Santa Fe Elementary North)
- Santa Fe Junior High School, 4132 Warpath, (grades 6-8)
- Santa Fe High School, 16000 State Highway 6, (grades 9-12)
- Elizabeth Cowan Elementary, 4133 Warpath, (grades 2-4; formerly Santa Fe Elementary South, closed in 2011 for renovation into the new administration building, students moved to Wollam (2nd graders) and Kubacak (3rd and 4th graders) Elementary campuses)
- Fritz Barnett Intermediate School, 4135 Warpath, (grades 5-6; formerly Santa Fe Intermediate School, closed in 2011, students split between Kubacak Elementary and Santa Fe Junior High)
Kindergarten through fourth grade runs from 8:15 am to 3:45 pm. Grades five through twelve start school at 7:15 am and get out at 2:30 pm. During the 2010-2011 school year, every Thursday the high school would begin classes at 9:10 and get out at the same time, 2:30, with an adjusted schedule on that day.
Buses are divided as follows:
- Pre K-1
At the beginning of the 2008 school year, SFISD lifted the dress code for all schools, yet there are still strict guidelines on what the students can wear.
Effects of Hurricane Ike
During Hurricane Ike RJW's roof collapsed, displacing students. Kindergarten students held classes at ECE, and 1st graders at the Junior High. The kindergarten and first graders rode home with the second, third, and fourth graders.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Santa Fe Independent School District Police Department is the principal law enforcement agency for the Santa Fe Independent School District. The current chief of police is Walter Braun.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.