Dickinson High School (Texas)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Dickinson High School|
|3800 Baker Dr
|Type||Public High School|
|Motto||"We the gators are proud and loud, tall and lean, strong and mean; Kind but not too kind, we are blue and white and we wear our colors with pride.!|
|School district||Dickinson ISD|
|Number of students||2,820|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Rivals||North Shore High School|
The school colors are blue and white. The Dickinson Gators' school mascot is "Big Al" the alligator.
- Texas Class 3A State Champions: 1977.
- Texas Class 4A State Marching Band Champions: 1986, 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1993, all under the direction of Mr. Donnie Owens and Mr. John Gossett. In 1995 and 1997, the band placed 2nd under the direction of Mr. Greg Goodman, and in 2007 won 3rd place in the same competition under the direction of Mr. Wade McDonald and Mr. Roman Jakubas. The band also placed 4th in 1987 and 2nd in 1988.
- Bands of America Southwest Regional Competition, Best in Class: 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, and 1997.
- The Dickinson High School Symphonic Band was named the TMEA Class 4A Honor Band in 1986 and 1994.
- Andre Ware '86, Quarterback for University of Houston '90, 1989 Heisman Trophy winner, first round selection (#7 overall) in the 1990 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions.
- Tracy Scoggins '70, Actress Babylon 5.
- Dennis Cook '81, Major League Baseball player.
- Donnie Little '78, Quarterback and Wide Receiver for the University of Texas '82, and four years at wide receiver for the Ottawa Rough Riders in the Canadian Football League.
- Hal Dues , Major League Baseball player.