This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Type||Telangana Government|
|• Total||32.31 m km2 (Formatting error: invalid input when rounding sq mi)|
|Elevation||675 m (2,215 ft)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Siddipet is a town in Siddipet district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is a municipality and the headquarters of Siddipet District. As of 2011 census of India, Siddipet town had a population of 65,158 which got increased to 114,091 with the merger of surrounding villages.
Siddipet is 100 kilometers from Hyderabad, 62 kilometers from Karimnagar, 124 kilometers from Ramagundam, and 80 kilometers away from second largest city of Telangana Warangal.
As of 2011[update] census of India, Siddipet had a population of 65,158 which got increased to 111,358 with the merger of surrounding villages and has a total of 25,517 households. The total population constitute, 55,432 males and 55,926 females —a sex ratio of 1009 females per 1000 males.
Siddipet is well connected to nearby villages.It is also connected by (SH-16) from Suryapet city. The Telangana State Road Transport Corporation public transport buses to major destinations from Siddipet. A new National highway connecting Sircilla–Siddipet–Jangaon–Suryapet connects it with different districts of the state.
There is no railway station.
There is no airport in Siddipet. The nearest airport Is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
Members of Parliament
- 1952–1966: Constituency does not exist
|Lok Sabha||Duration||Name of M.P.||Party Affiliation|
|Fourth||1967-71||G. Venkatswamy||Indian National Congress|
|Fifth||1971-77||G. Venkatswamy||Telangana Praja Samithi|
|Sixth||1977-80||Nandi Yellaiah||Indian National Congress|
|Seventh||1980-84||Nandi Yellaiah||Indian National Congress|
|Eighth||1984-89||G. Vijaya Rama Rao||Telugu Desam Party|
|Ninth||1989-91||Nandi Yellaiah||Indian National Congress|
|Tenth||1991-96||Nandi Yellaiah||Indian National Congress|
|Eleventh||1996-98||Nandi Yellaiah||Indian National Congress|
|Twelfth||1998-99||Malyala Rajaiah||Telugu Desam Party|
|Thirteenth||1999-04||Malyala Rajaiah||Telugu Desam Party|
|Fourteenth||2004-09||Sarvey Sathyanarayana||Indian National Congress|
- 2008 onwards: Constituency does not exist
|TDP||Dr K Lingaiah||454,907||40.62||-15.33|
|Independent||B O V Rao||25,069||2.24|
Siddipet falls under Siddipet (Assembly constituency) and is, in turn, a part of Medak (Lok Sabha constituency) of Telangana Legislative Assembly. Harish Rao is the current incumbent Cabinet Minister for Irrigation, Marketing & Legislative Affairs of Telangana) representing Siddipet assembly constituency.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". siddipetmunicipality.in. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Siddipet municipal polls on April 6; counting on April 11". The Hindu. 20 March 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Medak" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12–13. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Telangana (India): Districts, Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards – Population Statistics in Maps and Charts".
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha: Volume II" (PDF). Election Commissioner of India. p. 38. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha: Volume III" (PDF). Election Commissioner of India. pp. 66–67. Retrieved 13 February 2017.