|• Member of Parliament||Godam Nagesh|
|• Member Of the Legislative Assembly||Vittal Reddy|
|• Total||35.30 km2 (13.63 sq mi)|
|Elevation||363 m (1,191 ft)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Adilabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Mudhole|
Bhainsa is a Division in Nirmal district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the mandal headquarters of Bhainsa mandal of Bhainsa revenue division. Major crops include cotton,[page needed] paddy, maize, vegetables and sugarcane. Bhainsa is located at . It has an average elevation of 363 meters (1194 feet).
As of 2011[update] India census, Bhainsa had a population of 50,000. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Bhainsa has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 60% of the males and 40% of the females literate. 17 of the population is under 6 years of age.
Government and politics
Bhainsa Municipality was constituted in 1934 and is classified as a first grade municipality with 32 election wards. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 35.30 km2 (13.63 sq mi).
- "Urban Local Body Information" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Telangana. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 13, 44. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- The Indian journal of agricultural economics. Indian Society of Agricultural Economics. 1 January 1997. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Bhainsa
|This article about a location in Adilabad district, Telangana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|