Surekha Sikri at Sony's Maa Exchange show launch
19 April 1945 
New Delhi, British India
Surekha Sikri or Surekha Sikri Rege is an Indian film, theatre and television actress. A veteran of Hindi theatre, she made her debut in the 1978 political drama film Kissa Kursi Ka, and went on to play supporting roles in numerous Hindi and Malayalam films, as well as in Indian soap operas.
Sikri has (twice) won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress, for her role in Tamas (1988) and Mammo (1995). She was awarded the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Negative Role in 2009 for her work in the primetime soap opera Balika Vadhu, and for the same show won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in 2011. In addition, she won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1989 for her contributions towards Hindi theatre.
Early life and background
Sikri belongs to Uttar Pradesh and she spent her childhood in Almora and Nainital. At the beginning stage of her career she attended GEC, Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh. Later she graduated from National School of Drama (NSD) in 1968, and worked with the NSD Repertory Company for over a decade before shifting base to Mumbai.Her father was in the Air Force and her mother was a teacher.She was married to Hemant Rege and she has a son, Rahul Skri who lives in Mumbai and works as an atist. She lost her husband Hemant Rege due to heart failure on 20 October 2009. Surekha Sikri was the recipient of 1989 Sangeet Natak Akademi Award. In Dec 2008, she was awarded "Best actress in negative role" for the serial Balika Vadhu, in the IDEA ITA Awards 2008.
Noted actor Naseeruddin Shah is her former brother-in-law, as his first marriage was with her step-sister Manara Sikri. She is thus their daughter Heeba Shah's maternal aunt. Heeba in fact even acted as the younger version of her aunt's character Dadisa in the television serial Balika Vadhu.
- Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani ... Ranaji's grandmother (Badi Rani Ma) (2015–present)
- Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil ... Indu Mehra(Dadi) (2016-present)
- Balika Vadhu .... Kalyani Devi Dharamveer Singh/Dadisa (2008- 2016)
- Maa Exchange ... Surekha Sikri
- Maha Kumbh: Ek Rahasaya, Ek Kahani ... Rudra's grandmother (2014–2015)
- Saat Phere - Saloni Ka Safar ... Bhabo
- Banegi Apni Baat
- Kesar ... Saroj
- Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko
- C.I.D. (TV series) ... Maithali
- Just Mohabbat ... Mrs.Pandit
- Kabhie Kabhie (1997 TV series).......Lakshmi Pathak
- Kissa Kursi Ka (1978)
- Anaadi Anant (1986)
- Tamas (1986)
- Parinati (1988)
- Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro (1989)
- Nazar (1991)
- Little Buddha (1993)
- Mammo (1994)
- Naseem (1995)
- Sardari Begum (1996)
- Janmadinam (1998) - Malayalam film
- Sarfarosh (1999)
- Cotton Mary (2000)
- Deham (2001)
- Zubeidaa (2001)
- Kali Salwar (2002)
- Raghu Romeo (2003)
- Mr. and Mrs. Iyer (2003)
- Raincoat (2004)
- Tumsa Nahin Dekha (2004)
- Jo Bole So Nihaal (film) (2005)
- Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006)
- 1988: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress: Tamas (1988)
- 1995: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress: Mammo (1995)
- 1989: Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
- NSD Graduates
- "Biography". Matpal.
- "Acting has no age limit: Surekha Sikri". The times of India.
- Surekha Sikri at ScreenIndia yes
- Drama - Acting Sangeet Natak Akademi Award Official listing.
- Did you know why Heeba Shah agreed to play the role of the young Daadisa? tellychakkar.com. 17 August 2009
- Little Buddha#Cast
- Surekha Sikri Channel 4.