This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Data centre services|
Established in 1988, Telehouse is a major carrier-neutral colocation, ICT solutions and managed services provider based in Docklands, London. It operates eight facilities spread between London, Paris and Frankfurt. Part of the global Telehouse network of data centres, the brand has 45 colocation facilities in 26 major cities around the world including Moscow, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Seoul, Tokyo, New York and Los Angeles. KDDI, Telehouse's Japanese telecommunications and systems integration parent company, operates data centre facilities in America and Asia. Telehouse has ISO/IEC 27001:2005 (information security) and ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) and ISO 14001:2004 (environmental management) accreditations across many of its sites in Europe.
Operational since 1990, Telehouse North became Europe's first purpose-built neutral colocation facility. It is the main hub of the Internet in the United Kingdom. In response to growing demand for a Central London location, Telehouse opened an additional colocation facility in 1997, Telehouse Metro, in the London Borough of Islington near Silicon Roundabout.
A second building at the Docklands site, Telehouse East, was opened in 1999 and the construction of a third building, Telehouse West, at its Docklands site was completed in March 2010. In July 2014 KDDI announced that a fourth building North Two would be built on the site, adjacent to the existing Telehouse North building.
Telehouse London is the primary home of the London Internet Exchange since 1994, due to the number of carriers present in the data centre and the level of latency, Telehouse is one of the key Internet hubs in the world.
In 2012, Telehouse built their own primary substation, at 50MVA and two 132kVA power lines directly connected to the high voltage power network for the London Docklands site.
Telehouse Europe operates three sites in Paris :
- Telehouse Paris Jeûneurs. Opened in 1996 near the famous Rue du Sentier.
- Telehouse Paris Voltaire which opened in 1998.
- Telehouse Magny-Les-Hameaux (Yvelines département). Originally a national military defence location, the site was converted into a data centre in 2009 and now provides 15,000 square meters of colocation space.
Telehouse Europe also operates one site in Frankfurt :
- Telehouse Frankfurt. Opened in 2012, Telehouse acquired one of Germany's largest colocation sites, Databurg.
- "Telehouse Global Corporate Brochure" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- "KDDI to invest a further £135m into Telehouse's London Docklands data centre campus". Retrieved 2014-07-23.