Greens–European Free Alliance
|European parliamentary group|
|Name||The Greens/European Free Alliance|
|Formal name||Parliamentary Group of The Greens/European Free Alliance in the European Parliament|
European Green Party|
European Free Alliance
European Pirate Party
The Green Group|
European Radical Alliance
|Chaired by||Philippe Lamberts MEP & Ska Keller MEP|
51 / 751
|Part of a series on|
The Greens-European Free Alliance (Greens-EFA) is the political group in the European Parliament containing green, regionalist and left-wing nationalist political parties. The group was formed following the 1999 European elections for the 5th European Parliament.
The Greens/EFA group consists of three distinct European political parties – the larger European Green Party (EGP) and the European Free Alliance (EFA), and the smaller European Pirate Party. The EFA consists of parties representing stateless nations, regionalist and minority political interests. The Alliance has generally limited its membership to progressive parties. These European parties are joined by MEPs from non-aligned national parties, which have included the Dutch Europe Transparent (2004–2009) and the Swedish Pirate Party (2009–2014).
- Who we are - The Greens | European Free Alliance Archived 2012-01-18 at the Wayback Machine.. Greens-efa.eu. Retrieved on 2013-09-28.
- Qui sommes-nous ? - The Greens | European Free Alliance. Greens-efa.eu. Retrieved on 2013-09-28.
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- John Peterson; Michael Shackleton (22 March 2012). The Institutions of the European Union. Oxford University Press. pp. 341–. ISBN 978-0-19-957498-8. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Andreas Staab (24 June 2011). The European Union Explained, Second Edition: Institutions, Actors, Global Impact. Indiana University Press. pp. 67–. ISBN 978-0-253-00164-1. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- Alexander H. Trechsel (13 September 2013). Towards a Federal Europe. Taylor & Francis. pp. 72–. ISBN 978-1-317-99818-1.
- Who we are Archived 2012-01-18 at the Wayback Machine. on greens-efa.eu
- Gupta, Devashree (April 2008). "Nationalism across borders: transnational nationalist advocacy in the European Union". Comparative European Politics. Palgrave Macmillan. 6 (1): 61–80. doi:10.1057/palgrave.cep.6110127.
- VoteWatch Europe: European Parliament, Council of the EU. Votewatch.eu. Retrieved on 2013-09-28.
- Indrek Tarand on europarl.europa.eu
- List of elected MEPs Archived 2011-06-09 at the Wayback Machine. on greens-efa.eu
- European Parliament Election Results, 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Greens – European Free Alliance.|