Trouble in Terrorist Town
|Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT)|
|Developer(s)||Bad King Urgrain|
Trouble in Terrorist Town (often abbreviated as TTT) is a user-created game mode for the sandbox physics game Garry's Mod. It was created by Bad King Urgrain, a developer also known for the Half-Life 2 modification Zombie Master. Trouble in Terrorist Town uses Garry's Mod's implementation of the Lua programming language, and heavily relies on game content from Counter-Strike: Source due to the borrowed player character models and weapons.
Gameplay shares similarities with the party game Mafia. At the start of each round, approximately one-quarter of all players are randomly assigned to be traitors, while the remainder are innocent. Some innocent players are granted access to special equipment in order to discover the traitorous players – these are detectives. The traitors must work as a team to hide their true nature and eliminate everyone else before the round ends, while the innocents must work together with the detectives to either find and kill all the traitors, or avoid being completely eliminated.
Detectives and traitors have the option to use certain equipment to achieve their goal. Tools available to traitors include C-4 explosives, knives, radio devices to play various gun sounds to throw other players off, flare guns to permanently dispose of bodies, and devices to disguise their identity. Detectives have reciprocating devices at their disposal, which include DNA scanners for discovering the perpetrators of murders and defusal kits for the deactivation of C-4 explosives. Traitors and detectives may both make use of body armour for personal protection against enemy weaponry, radar devices to discover the locations of other players and a teleportation device which allows them to mark a certain location and teleport to that location from anywhere else on the map for a limited number of uses. Other items that can be obtained by detectives and traitors are determined by server administrators who add additional items to their servers to appeal to players.
- "Garry's Mod on Steam". Steam. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Garry's Mod". Steam Database. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Pearson, Craig (30 August 2012). "A Brief History Of Garry's Mod: Community Contraptions". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Trouble in Terrorist Town". Trouble in Terrorist Town!. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Bad King Urgrain". Bad King Urgrain. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Lie to survive in Trouble in Terrorist Town". PC Gamer. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Trouble in Terrorist Town". Television Tropes & Idioms. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Official Trouble in Terrorist Town Rules". Slayers Gaming. Retrieved 10 February 2015.