|Title(s)||The Lord in the Ice
The Eternal Sleeper
Father of Giants' Kin
|Home plane||Astral Plane|
|Portfolio||Glaciers, polar environments, arctic dwellers|
|Domains||Animal, Law, Ocean, Protection, Strength|
Ulutiu (// oo-LOO-tee-oo) is the father of the Giant Kin races and one of the many gods in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. He is the god of glaciers, polar environments, and arctic dwellers.
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition (1989-1999)
Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition (2000-2007)
Ulutiu voluntarily exiled himself from Faerûn when his affair with the giant goddess Othea was discovered by Annam, and he sank into the Cold Ocean and has slumbered ever since. It is stated that Auril, the frostmaiden, is siphoning power from him as he sleeps, continually weakening him so that eventually he will die and she may subsume his portfolio.
Ulutiu's followers include druids, historians and frostfell rangers.
Despite his slumber, Ulutiu is still able to grant spells to his followers. Ulutiu's clergy pray for their spells at midday. clergy often multiclass as rangers.
- Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs and George Strayton. Frostburn: Mastering the Perils of Ice and Snow (Wizards of the Coast, 2004).
- Boyd, Eric L. (1997). Powers & Pantheons. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- Boyd, Eric L, and Erik Mona. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- The web enhancement for the Third Edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting lists the pronunciation as "oo-loo-tee-oo"
- Ray Winninger (August 1995). Giantcraft, p. 9-10. TSR, Inc. ISBN 0-7869-0163-2
- Greenwood, Ed; Reynolds, Sean K.; Williams, Skip (2001). Forgotten Realms: Campaign Setting. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to the Forgotten Realms is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Dungeons & Dragons character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|