|Guidelines & references||Templates|
|Periodic Table by Quality|
This WikiProject has managed to standardize the articles on the known chemical elements (see Guidelines page). Now it is aimed at the maintenance of these at an agreed upon format discussed in Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Elements and at the expansion and improvement of each article to featured article quality (check out our Goals below). See also WikiProject Isotopes. For a complete list of articles covered, including talk pages and templates, click here. To see all articles covered, but not talk pages and templates, see the periodic table by quality.
- Island of stability went through a peer review on November 8, 2019.
- Beryllium-8 was featured in Did you know? on August 14, 2019.
- Polonium-210 was featured in Did you know? on July 30, 2019.
- Unbihexium became a good article on June 11, 2019.
- History of aluminium was today's featured article on June 7, 2019.
- Unbiquadium became a good article on May 21, 2019.
- Island of stability was featured in Did you know? on May 10, 2019.
- Island of stability became a good article on April 15, 2019.
- Radon-222 was featured in Did you know? on March 10, 2019.
- Germanium was today's featured article on March 1, 2019.
Periodic table by article quality
- Short term
- Continue current projects or collaborations between our members, bringing the target articles to FA-class.
- Bring the remaining ancient metals (tin and gold), along with aluminium, to GA-class.
- Bring the p-block family articles to C-Class or above (All that remains is Pnictogen)
- Bring all elements in periods 4, 5 and 7 to GA-class or above (left: arsenic, tin, radium respectively).
- Bring all of the periods of the periodic table to a minimum of C-Class. (All that remains is Period 4 element)
- Bring phosphorus and sulfur to a minimum of B-Class.
- Other side projects of articles that project members see fit to pursue.
- Mid term
- Bring all the element articles to GA-class or above (turn the "Periodic Table by Quality" completely dark green and blue.) (111/124 = 89.5% as of 11 June 2019)
- Bring all six of the CHNOPS elements (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, sulfur), to FA-class.
- Longer term
- Bring all of the seven ancient metals (iron, copper, silver, tin, gold, mercury, lead), along with aluminium and silicon, to FA-class.
- Bring the four most homogeneous groups (alkali metal, alkaline earth metal, halogen, noble gas) to FA-class, along with transition metal. All other groups (including lanthanides, actinides, and transactinides) need only be GA-classes at this point.
- Ultimate goals
- Bring all element articles to FA standard (turn the "Periodic Table by Quality" completely dark blue.) (24/124 = 19.4% as of 11 June 2019)
- Also bring all supporting articles to FA standard.
|List overview · Updated: 2017-05-20 · This box:|
Categories for discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 11 Nov 2019 – Radio-tellurium →Polonium was RfDed by ComplexRational (t · c); see discussion
- 20 Sep 2019 – Dubnadium →Dubnium RfDed by Steel1943 (t · c) was ; see discussion
- 20 Sep 2019 – Seleniun →Selenium RfDed by Steel1943 (t · c) was ; see discussion
Featured article candidates
- 09 Nov 2019 – Island of stability was FA nominated by ComplexRational (t · c); see discussion
- 24 Sep 2019 – Hassium FA nominated by Double sharp (t · c) was not promoted; see discussion
- 03 Oct 2019 – Transactinide element move request to Superheavy element by ComplexRational (t · c) was ; see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 15 Aug 2018 – List of radioactive isotopes by half-life is proposed for merging to List of nuclides by LaundryPizza03 (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 05 Aug 2019 – Draft:Graphitizing and non-graphitizing carbons has been submitted for AfC by Barnaby3457 (t · c)