||This article may be better presented in list format to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
Cadbury Roses are a selection of individually wrapped chocolates currently made by Cadbury. Introduced in 1938, they are named after the English packaging equipment company "Rose Brothers" (later Rose Forgrove), that manufactured and supplied the machines that wrapped the chocolates.
Roses are an inexpensive confectionery, containing a small proportion of cocoa solids, and a high proportion of vegetable fat. A large packet can be bought cheaply, making them a common stand-by gift choice due to the variety of contained chocolates. They are an extremely common gift on Mothering Sunday and sell well throughout the Christmas period. They are available in tins, boxes, or jars, and in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Ireland currently contain 10 different varieties of chocolate.
- Brazilian Darkness - A chewy toffee square with pieces of Brazil nuts, coated in dark chocolate (red plastic-foil twist-wrapper with gold twists).
- Golden Barrel - Milk chocolate in the shape of half a barrel, filled with caramel (was formerly wrapped in gold foil, now in gold plastic-foil twist-wrapper). Previously named Caramel Keg.
- Caramel - Cadbury Caramel Toffee piece, Hard toffee in cased in Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate (wrapped in blue plastic-foil).
- Country Fudge - Rectangular fudge piece, coated in milk chocolate (wrapped in light brown plastic-foil).
- Hazel in Caramel - Crescent-shaped milk chocolate with hazelnut plant engraving on top, filled with caramel and a hazelnut (purple plastic-foil twist-wrapper). A recent market poll showed that this was the most popular variety in Ireland, by a margin of two-to-one over the next contender, the Golden Barrel (Caramel Keg).
- Hazel Whirl - Dome-shaped milk chocolate, patterned with spiral twirl, with hazelnut in centre (purple plastic-foil twist-wrapper with orange twists).
- Strawberry Dream - Square-shaped milk chocolate with strawberry seed engravings on top, filled with strawberry-flavoured cream fondant (pink plastic-foil twist-wrapper). The same poll which determined that the 'Hazel in Caramel' variety was most popular in Ireland also showed this as being rated the 'worst' variety.
- Tangy Orange Creme - Square-shaped milk chocolate with orange engraving on top, filled with orange-flavoured creme fondant (wrapped in orange plastic-foil twist-wrapper).
- Coffee Escape - New for Christmas 2013, Cadbury have re-released the soft coffee centred chocolate (wrapped in green plastic-foil twist-wrapper).
- Signature Truffle - New for Christmas 2013, this is a truffle encased in milk chocolate (wrapped in red plastic-foil twist-wrapper with blue twists).
In Australia the varieties have changed and are currently (2012):
- Dairy Milk - Delicious swirl of Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate (Purple with Silver).
- Hazelnut Praline Crisp - Roasted hazelnut pieces with a luxurious praline smothered in milk chocolate (Orange with Silver).
- Strawberry Cream - A smooth strawberry flavoured creamy centre encased in dark chocolate (Red with Silver).
- Classic Fudge - Velvety soft vanilla fudge surrounded in milk chocolate (Silver with Blue).
- Chocolate Supreme - Indulgent chocolate mousse encased in milk chocolate (Purple with Orange).
- Caramello Deluxe - A rich luxurious caramel covered in Cadbury Dairy Milk milk chocolate (Orange with Black).
- Orange Chocolate Delight - An indulgent orange flavoured chocolate truffle encased in dark chocolate (Brown with Orange).
- Cherry Heaven - A blend of cherries and coconut covered in dark chocolate (Silver with Red).
- Hazelnut Whirl - A golden roasted hazelnut embedded in milk chocolate (Pink with Silver).
- Turkish Delight - The exotic fragrance and flavour of roses covered with milk chocolate (Yellow with Red).
- Vanilla Butter Caramel - A vanilla flavoured chewy buttery caramel coated in milk chocolate (Silver with Orange).
- Peppermint Cream - A smooth peppermint cream surrounded in dark chocolate (Green with Silver).
All are in twist-wrappers.
Current varieties in New Zealand:
- Dairy Milk - Purple and silver.
- Hazelnut Praline Crisp - Orange and silver.
- Strawberry Cream - Red and silver.
- Classic Fudge - Silver and light blue.
- Chocolate Supreme - Dark blue and orange.
- Caramello Deluxe - Bronze and black.
- Orange Chocolate Delight - Brown and orange.
- Hazelnut Whirl - Pink and silver.
- Turkish Delight - Yellow and red.
- Vanilla Butter Caramel - Silver and orange.
- Peppermint Cream - Green and silver.
- Cherry Heaven - Silver and red.
All are in twist-wrappers.
They are most frequently advertised with the classic slogan of "Say 'Thank You', with Cadbury Roses" in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia, and "Thank you very much" on television advertisements. A memorable 1960s UK advertising campaign used the slogan 'Roses Grow On You' and included television advertisements presented by the comedian Norman Vaughan.
UK, Isle of Man & Republic of Ireland
- Praline Moment - Silver foil wrapped.
- Chunky Truffle - Shaped like a chocolate brick, wrapped in blue foil.
- Bournville - Small bar of Bournville Dark Chocolate. Moved brand to Cadbury Heroes.
- Almond Charm - Blue foil-wrapped milk chocolate, with almond nut pieces.
- Coffee Creme - Coffee flavoured, fondant cream soft centre, covered in dark chocolate.
- Montelimar - Chewy nougat, encased in milk chocolate; green foil-twist wrapper.
- Turkish Delight - Rectangular shaped, dark purple foil wrapped.
- Nutty Truffle Log - Log shaped, unknown wrapper color.
- Orange Crisp - Orange wrapper.
- Chocolate Bite - Pink wrapper.
- Noisette Whirl - Green and transparent wrapper.
- Lime Barrel - Green wrapper.
- Black Cherry Cream - pink/purple wrapper.
- Cadbury Dairy Milk - One rectangular chunk of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate divided into two squares (classic purple plastic-foil twist-wrapper, bearing 'Cadbury Dairy Milk' and the traditional 'glass and a half' logo). Moved brand to Cadbury Heroes. For many years this was the only chocolate in the selection where the wrapper did not bear the 'Cadbury Roses' logo - all others did.
- Caramel Velvet - Green wrapper.
- Raspberry Sundae- Silver and red foil-twist wrapper, in a barrel shape.
- Fruity Fudge- Silver and green foil-twist wrapper.
- Royal Fudge- Orange foil-twist wrapper.
- Nut Caramel- Blue foil-twist wrapper.
- Vanilla Caramel- Brown foil-twist wrapper.
- Hazelnut Caramello
- Pineapple Creme- Yellow foil-twist wrapper (only around for a short time).
Cadbury Roses Pots Of Joy Strawberry Dream: milk chocolate yoghurt made with real Cadbury chocolate with a strawberry yoghurt layer. Launched 2014. Cadbury Roses Pots Of Joy Hazelnut Whirl: milk chocolate yoghurt made with real Cadbury chocolate with a hazelnut caramel yoghurt layer. Launched 2014. Cadbury Roses Favourites Strawberry Dream: a limited edition bag of Strawberry Dream chocolates. Launching September 2014 as a limited edition. Cadbury Roses Favourites Golden Barrel: a limited edition bag of Golden Barrel chocolates. Launching in September 2014 as a limited edition.