From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Key people||Subhash Chandra, (Chairman)|
|Products||Media, entertainment, packaging, infrastructure, education, precious metals and technology|
|Revenue||US$ 4 billion (2011)|
The companies under the group are:
- Dish TV
- Siti Cable
- Zee Turner Limited
- Intrex Trade Exchange Ltd
- Cyquator Technologies Limited
- Digital Media Convergence Limited
- CornerShop Entertainment
- Shirpur Gold Refinery
- E-City Ventures
- ETC Networks
- Pan India Network Infravest Pvt Ltd - The online gaming company Playwin is a part of this group
- Essel Sports - Essesl Sports has started the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and is also the owner of Mumbai Football Club
- Suncity Projects
- Asian Sky Shop
- E-City Bioscope Entertainment Pvt Ltd - The multiplex chain Fun Cinemas is a part of this group
- Essel Infraprojects Limited (EIL) - This group has started the amusement parks Essel World and Water Kingdom
- Shirpur Gold Refinery Limited (SGRL) - Precious metal (Gold and Silver) refinery, fabrication of gold bars, coins and jewellery.
- Zee Learn Limited - A number of educational projects has been launched by this group. They include
- Ekal Vidyalaya
- Global Vipassana Foundation
- Transnational Alternate Learning for Emancipation and Empowerment through Multimedia (TALEEM) Research Foundation
- Essel Group enters i-banking, PE space
- "Subhash Chandra buys stake in UNI". dnaindia.com. 2006-09-08. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Essel Group". Essel Group. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Subhash Chandra on Zee, DNA & Essel". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Essel Group". Essel Group. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Essel Group suspends satellite platform for cable". Financialexpress.com. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Essel Group India - Essel Group Profile - Essel Group of Companies History". Iloveindia.com. 2007-07-21. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Hermann Simon mentioned this company in his correspondent Book as an example of a "Hidden Champion" (Simon, Hermann: Hidden Champions of the 21st Century : Success Strategies of unknown World Market Leaders. London: Springer, 2009.- ISBN 978-0-387-98147-5.)
- ": : : About Essel Group : : :". Ecityfilms.com. 2006-02-28. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Zee Institute of Creative Art
- "Essel Group bets big on education". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2010-07-16.