Zee Entertainment Enterprises
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Subash Chandra (Chairman)
Punit Goenka (MD&CEO)
|Products||Broadcasting, publishing, cable, movie production|
|Revenue||31.78 billion (US$510 million) (2012)|
|Net income||5.89 billion (US$94 million) (2012)|
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. is the second-largest Indian media and entertainment company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Essel Group. The company's chairman, managing director and Founder is Subhash Chandra and its chief executive officer is Puneet Goenka. Through its strong presence worldwide, Zee entertains over 700+ million viewers across 169 countries.
The company was launched on 15 December 1991 and was previously known as Zee Telefims until 2006, when it was renamed and the news and entertainment units were spun off into four smaller divisions. Zee currently operates over 15 different television channels, a cable company SitiCable, a record label Zee Records, a production company and other businesses as well. It has expanded operations abroad, with several of its channels available in the UK and US as well as Africa and Asia.
In 2002 Zee Entertainment Enterprises acquired a majority stake (51%) in ETC Networks. In 2006, they acquired Integrated Subscriber Management Services Limited and in November 2006, Zee acquired an interest (50%) in Taj television TEN Sports.
In February 2010 Zee Entertainment Enterprises acquired an additional stake (95%) in TEN Sports.
Zee News Limited
Zee News Ltd (ZNL) is a media and entertainment company and a subsidiary of the Essel Group. The company was spun off from Zee Telefilms on 31 March 2006 and it currently operates the following news and regional entertainment channels:
|All India||Hindi||Zee News|
|All India||Hindi||Zee Business (24x7 Finance channel)|
|Punjab, Haryana, Himachal||Punjabi, Hindi||Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal|
|Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand||Hindi||Zee Uttarpradesh Uttrakhand|
|Andhra Pradesh||Telugu||Zee 24 Ghantalu|
|Maharashtra||Marathi||Zee 24 Taas|
|West Bengal||Bengali||24 Ghanta|
|Bihar, Jharkhand||Hindi||Zee Purvaiya|
|Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh||Hindi||Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhatisgarh|
|Odisha||Oriya||Zee Kalinga |
|Rajasthan||Hindi||Zee Rajasthan Plus Marudhara|
In 2008, Zee Networks launched Zee Motion Pictures, an independent subsidiary of Zee Entertainment Enterprises focusing on development, production, distribution and marketing of mainstream films in Hindi and six regional languages (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi and Oriya). Zee Motion Pictures also operates Zee Limelight for modestly budgeted films targeted at niche audiences.
- "Contact Us". .zeetelevision.com. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- FY2011 of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited
- Kohli-Khandekar, Vanita. "Q&A: Punit Goenka, MD, Zee Entertainment Enterprises". Business Standard. BusinessStandard.com. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Contact Us". zeetelevision.com. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Zee to Launch Zee Kalinga". Delhi, India: The Media Info, 13 December 2013. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Hetal Adesara (2 March 2008). "Zee Group launches two motion picture production banners". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- Official site
- Official site of Zee News
- Official site of Zee Television UK
- Official site of Zee Television USA
- Official site of Zee Television Asia/Pacific