2000 series Fujisan Limited Express train
|Opening||September 21, 1900|
|Line length||26.6 km (16.5 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead lines|
The Fujikyuko Line (富士急行線 Fuji-Kyūkō-sen?) is a Japanese private railway line in Yamanashi Prefecture, between Ōtsuki Station in Ōtsuki and Kawaguchiko Station in Fujikawaguchiko. It is the only railway line operated by Fuji Kyuko.
The railway line officially consists of Ōtsuki Line (大月線 Ōtsuki-sen?) and Kawaguchiko Line (河口湖線 Kawaguchiko-sen?), but the two lines are operated as one. The line can be traced back to the Tsuru Horsecar (都留馬車鉄道?) which began operation in 1900.
Local trains (which stop at all stations) run about every 30 minutes. As well as these, several Fujisan Tokkyu (Mount Fuji express) services are operated. The line is mountainous, climbing from Otsuki (358 metres above sea level) to Kawaguchiko (857 metres above sea level): a 500 metre ascent over the 26.6 kilometre route. In many places, Mount Fuji can be seen from the train.
The Fujikyuko Line is only railway service to access the northern Yamanashi side of Mount Fuji and Fuji Five Lakes, part of Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park. However, direct and frequent highway bus services from Shinjuku terminal to Fujiyoshida and Kawaguchiko are faster and more convenient when travelling from Tokyo. There are not many direct services from Tokyo to the Fuji Kyūkō Line apart from a few seasonal rapid trains on the weekend and some commuter local trains.
- Distance (Ōtsuki — Kawaguchiko): 26.6 km
- Ōtsuki Line (Ōtsuki — Fujisan): 23.6 km
- Kawaguchiko Line (Fujisan — Kawaguchiko): 3.0 km
- All stations are located in Yamanashi Prefecture.
- Station stops - O: Trains stop, *: Some passing trains, |: Trains pass.
|Line||Name||Elevation (m)||Between (km)||Distance (km)||Local||Rapid Fuji Tozan Densha||Mt. Fuji Ltd. Exp.||Transfers||Location|
|Ōtsuki Line||Ōtsuki||大月||358||-||0.0||O||O||O||Chūō Main Line||Ōtsuki|
- Fujikyu 1000 series
- Fujikyu 1200 series (Fuji Tozan train)
- Fujikyu 2000 series (Fujisan Limited Express services)
- Fujikyu 5000 series
- Fujikyu 6000 series (since February 2012)
- Fujikyu 8000 series (Fujisan Limited Express services since 12 July 2014)
- Tenjō-Yama Park Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway
- List of railway companies in Japan
- List of railway lines in Japan
- "富士急行線にＩＣカード乗車券システム「Ｓｕｉｃａ」を導入します" ["Suica" IC card ticketing system to be introduced on Fujikyuko Line] (pdf). Press release (in Japanese). Japan: Fujikyuko. March 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "富士急、新型『フジサン特急』8000系を公開". Response (in Japanese). Japan: IID Inc. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fuji Kyuko.|