2000 series Fuji-san train
|Opening||September 21, 1900|
|Line length||26.6 km (16.5 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead lines|
|Fujikyuko Line route diagram|
The Fujikyuko Line (富士急行線 Fuji-Kyūkō-sen?) is a Japanese private railway line in Yamanashi Prefecture, between Ōtsuki Station in Ōtsuki and Kawaguchiko Station in Fujikawaguchiko. It is the only railway line operated by Fuji Kyuko.
The railway line officially consists of Ōtsuki Line (大月線 Ōtsuki-sen?) and Kawaguchiko Line (河口湖線 Kawaguchiko-sen?), but the two lines are operated as one. The line can be traced back to the Tsuru Horsecar (都留馬車鉄道?) which began operation in 1900. Although Fuji Kyuko bus lines accept Pasmo and other IC farecards, its railway line still does not.
Local trains (which stop at all stations) run about every 30 minutes. As well as these, several Fujisan Tokkyu (Mount Fuji express) services are operated. The line is mountainous, climbing from Otsuki (358 metres above sea level) to Kawaguchiko (857 metres above sea level): a 500 metre ascent over the 26.6 kilometre route. In many places, Mount Fuji can be seen from the train.
The Fujikyuko Line is only railway service to access the northern Yamanashi side of Mount Fuji and Fuji Five Lakes, part of Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park. However, direct and frequent highway bus services from Shinjuku terminal to Fujiyoshida and Kawaguchiko are faster and more convenient when travelling from Tokyo. There are not many direct services from Tokyo to the Fuji Kyūkō Line apart from a few seasonal rapid trains on the weekend and some commuter local trains.
- Distance (Ōtsuki — Kawaguchiko): 26.6 km
- Ōtsuki Line (Ōtsuki — Fujisan): 23.6 km
- Kawaguchiko Line (Fujisan — Kawaguchiko): 3.0 km
- All stations are located in Yamanashi Prefecture.
- Station stops - x: Trains stop, *: Some passing trains, |: Trains pass.
|Line||Name||Elevation (m)||Between (km)||Distance (km)||Local||Rapid Fuji Tozan Densha||Mt. Fuji Ltd. Exp.||Transfers||Location|
|Ōtsuki Line||Ōtsuki||大月||358||-||0.0||x||x||x||Chūō Main Line||Ōtsuki|
- Fujikyu 1000 series
- Fujikyu 2000 series
- Fujikyu 5000 series
- Fujikyu 6000 series (since February 2012)
One of the two former Odakyu 20000 series RSE 7-car EMUs is scheduled to be transferred to Fuji Kyuko in November 2013, where it will be reformed as a 3-car set for use on Fujisan Tokkyu services from summer 2014.
- Tenjō-Yama Park Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway
- List of railway companies in Japan
- List of railway lines in Japan
- "小田急ロマンスカー２００００形車両の富士急行への譲渡について" [Odakyu 20000 series Romancecar train to be transferred to Fuji Kyuko] (pdf). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Odakyu Electric Railway & Fuji Kyuko. 11 October 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fuji Kyuko.|