|First appearance||(Hardcase, Battleaxe, and Shotgun): Wolverine #5 (Mar 1989)|
|Created by||Chris Claremont
|Type of organization||Mercenary|
The Harriers are a fictional organization in the Marvel Universe.
Fictional team biography
The Harriers are a team of mercenary soldiers, trained and equipped to battle both conventional and superhuman opponents. The organization consists of a military-style unit headed by the commanding officer, Hardcase, and nine other members. Each of the Harriers formerly served as agents of the international law enforcement agency S.H.I.E.L.D. When the original version of S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded, these ten former S.H.I.E.L.D. banded together as the Harriers. The Harriers's last known base of operations was Colbert Chu's warehouse, Street of the Stunted Dog, Lowtown, Madripoor.
Hardcase, Battleaxe, and Shotgun took an assignment from the DEA to infiltrate General Nguyen Ngoc Coy's organization in a failed attempt to destroy Coy's major opium crop in the Indochinese "Golden Triangle." During this operation, the Harriers clashed with Wolverine.
- Hardcase (Harry Malone) - commanding officer
- Battleaxe ("Axe") (Jerome Hamilton) - carries a double-bladed axe
- Blindside (Bobbi Chase)
- Lifeline (Deacon)
- Longbow (Amelia Greer) - uses bow and arrows
- Piston (Andrei Semyanovitch Rostov)
- Ranger (Jesus Suarez)
- Shotgun (Zeke Sallinger)
- Timebomb (Louis Joubert) - utilizes explosives
- Warhawk (Tom Nakadai) - wears a jetpack and artificial wings permitting him to fly
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|