|Part of a series on|
Hoxhaism is a variant of anti-revisionist Marxism–Leninism that developed in the late 1970s due to a split in the Maoist movement, appearing after the ideological row between the Communist Party of China and the Party of Labour of Albania in 1978. It is a separate international tendency within Marxism-Leninism, and is sometimes compared to Titoism.
Hoxhaism demarcates itself by a strict defense of the legacy of Joseph Stalin, the organisation of the Soviet Union under Stalin, and fierce criticism of virtually all other Communist groupings as "revisionist".
Critical of the United States, the Soviet Union, China, and Yugoslavia, Enver Hoxha labeled the latter three "social-imperialist" and condemned the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 before withdrawing from the Warsaw Pact in response. Hoxhaism, like Titoism, respects the right of nations to pursue socialism by different paths, dictated by the conditions in that country—though Hoxha personally held that Titoism, in practice, was "anti-Marxist" overall.
Hoxha declared Albania the only state legitimately adhering to Marxism–Leninism after 1978. The Albanians succeeded in ideologically winning over a large share of the Maoists, mainly in Latin America (such as the Popular Liberation Army and Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Ecuador, as well as the Communist Party of Brazil), but they also had a significant international following in general.
List of "Hoxhaist" parties
- Albania: Communist Party of Albania
- Benin: Communist Party of Benin, Marxist–Leninist Communist Party of Benin
- Brazil: Revolutionary Communist Party
- Burkina Faso: Voltaic Revolutionary Communist Party
- Canada: Communist Party of Canada (Marxist–Leninist)
- Chile: Chilean Communist Party (Proletarian Action)
- Colombia: Communist Party of Colombia (Marxist–Leninist), Popular Liberation Army - Dissident Line(guerrilla group)
- Côte d'Ivoire: Revolutionary Communist Party of Côte d'Ivoire
- Denmark: Workers' Communist Party
- Dominican Republic: Communist Party of Labour
- Ecuador: Marxist–Leninist Communist Party of Ecuador
- France: Workers' Communist Party of France
- Germany: Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands - Aufbaugruppe
- Greece: Movement for the Reorganization of the Communist Party of Greece 1918–1955
- India: Communist Revolt Party of India
- Iran: Labour Party of Iran
- Italy: Communist Platform
- Mali: Malian Party of Labour
- Mexico: Communist Party of Mexico (Marxist–Leninist)
- Nicaragua: Marxist–Leninist Popular Action Movement
- Norway: Marxist–Leninist Group Revolution
- Quebec: Marxist-Leninist Party of Quebec
- Serbia: Party of Labour
- Spain: Communist Party of Spain (Marxist–Leninist)
- Togo: Communist Party of Togo
- Tunisia: Workers' Party
- Turkey: Revolutionary Communist Party of Turkey, Marxist–Leninist Communist Party
- United Kingdom: Revolutionary Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist), Communist League of Great Britain
- United States: U.S. Marxist–Leninist Organization
- Venezuela: Marxist–Leninist Communist Party of Venezuela
- Albania: Party of Labour of Albania
- Bolivia: Communist Party (Marxist–Leninist) of Bolivia
- Brazil: Communist Party of Brazil
- Denmark: Communist Party of Denmark/Marxist-Leninists
- Ethiopia: Marxist-Leninist League of Tigray
- Faroe Islands: Advancement for the Islands (Marxist–Leninist)
- West Germany East Germany: Communist Party of Germany/Marxists-Leninists
- Greece: Organisation of Communists Marxists-Leninists of Greece
- Iceland: Communist Unity (Marxist-Leninist)
- Ireland: Communist Party of Ireland (Marxist-Leninist)
- Italy: Organization for the Communist Party of the Proletariat of Italy, Lenin Circle
- Japan: Japan Communist Party (Left Faction)
- Netherlands: Workers Party of the Netherlands (build-up organisation)
- New Zealand: Communist Party of New Zealand
- Nicaragua: Marxist-Leninist Party of Nicaragua
- Norway: Communist Workers League, Marxist–Leninist League
- Portugal: Communist Party (Reconstructed)
- Spain: Communist Party of Spain (marxist-leninist)
- Suriname: Communist Party of Suriname
- Sweden: Communist Party in Sweden
- Trinidad and Tobago: Communist Party of Trinidad and Tobago
- Turkey: Communist Party of Turkey/Marxist-Leninist - Movement
- United States: Revolutionary Organization of Labor, Marxist–Leninist Party
- Venezuela: Red Flag Party
- Enver Hoxha
- Socialist Albania
- Party of Labour of Albania
- Sino-Albanian Split
- International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations (Unity & Struggle)
- Communism for Know-It-Alls. Filiquarian Publishing, LLC. 2008. p. 23.
- Ascoli, Max (1961). The Reporter, Volume 25. p. 30.
- Pridham, Geoffrey (2000). The Dynamics of Democratization: A Comparative Approach. Bloomsbury Publishing. p. 70.
- "A Brief Guide to Hoxhaism". The Red Star Vanguard. Retrieved 23 May 201.
- Hoxha, Enver. "Enver Hoxha: Eurocommunism is Anticommunism". Retrieved 23 May 2014.