|Founded||December 2004 (as Awair)|
|Company slogan||Now Everyone Can Fly|
|Parent company||PT Fersindo Nusaperkasa|
PT. Indonesia AirAsia (operating as Indonesia AirAsia) is a low-cost airline based in Jakarta, Indonesia. It operates scheduled domestic, international services and is an Indonesian associate carrier of Malaysian low-fare airline AirAsia. Its main base is Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta. Until July 2010, Indonesia Air Asia, along with many Indonesian airlines, was banned from flying to the EU due to safety concerns. However the ban was lifted on July 2010. As of 15 April 2009, all AirAsia domestic flights from Jakarta started operating from terminal 3 but the international flights continues to operate from terminal 2D. Prior to moving to T3, the airline flew from Terminal 1C. Indonesia AirAsia is listed in category 1 by Indonesian Civil Aviation Authority for airline safety quality. In 2011, this 100 percent Airbus airline dominated international market in Indonesia by 41.50 percent.
- As Awair
The airline was established as Awair (Air Wagon International) in 1999 by Abdurrahman Wahid, former chairman of the Nahdlatul Ulama Muslim organisation. He had a 40% stake in the airline which he relinquished after being elected president of Indonesia in October 1999. It started operations on 22 June 2000 with Airbus 300/310 aircraft, but all flights were suspended in March 2002. Awair started operating domestically within Indonesia as an associate of AirAsia in December 2004.
- As Indonesia AirAsia
On 1 December 2005, Awair changed its name to Indonesia AirAsia in line with the other AirAsia branded airlines in the region. AirAsia Berhad has a 49% share in the airline with Fersindo Nusaperkasa owning 51%. Indonesia's laws disallow majority foreign ownership on domestic civil aviation operations.
A buy out of Batavia Air was announced on 26 July 2012. It was to be in two stages with AirAsia to buy 76.95% shares form Metro Batavia in a partnership with Fersindo Nusaperkasa (Indonesia AirAsia). By 2013, AirAsia was to acquire the remaining 23.05% held by other shareholders. The acquisition of Batavia Air by AirAsia Berhad and Fersindo created some controversy with Indonesian regulators at the time.
By 11 October 2012 the deal between AirAsia Berhard, Fersindo Nusaperkasa (Indonesia AirAsia) and PT Metro Batavia had reversed.
When the cancellation of the planned takeover between Batavia and AirAsia was announce on 11 October 2012 a joint statement was issued announcing a plan to proceed with an alliance encompassing ground handling, distribution and inventory systems in Indonesia. The statement also announced a plan to deliver operational alliances between Batavia and the Air Asia group.
Batavia and Indonesia Air Asia announced a plan to form a separate joint venture to provide a regional pilot training centre in Indonesia. No details were provided on that new alliance when it was announced in early October 2012.
- Bandung – Husein Sastranegara International Airport Hub
- Denpasar/Bali – Ngurah Rai International Airport Hub
- Jakarta – Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Main Hub
- Makassar – Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport
- Medan – Kuala Namu International Airport Hub
- Pekanbaru – Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport
- Semarang – Achmad Yani International Airport
- Surabaya – Juanda International Airport Hub
- Yogyakarta – Adisucipto International Airport
as of Mei 2014, the Indonesia AirAsia fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 3.6 years:
- Indonesia AirAsia to Spend RM200m on Developing New Routes - Business - redOrbit
- Join BIG! AirAsia BIG Loyalty Programme
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 93.
- "List of airlines banned within the EU". European Commission's "Transport" website. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- AirAsia domestic flights operate from Terminal 3
- :: Directorate General Of Civil Aviation ::
- "AirAsia Indonesia to operate 34 Airbus planes in 2015". March 6, 2012.
- AirAsia Indonesia to Sell around 20 Pct Stake Via IPO - KOMPAS.com
- Bernama Media – Mon, Jul 30, 2012 (2012-07-30). "Indonesia May Cancel Airasia's Acquisition Of Batavia Air - Yahoo! News Malaysia". My.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Linda Silaen; Abhrajit Gangopadyay (11 October 2012). "Batavia Air CEO: AirAsia Drops Plan to Buy Carrier". Capital.gr - from 2012 Dow Jones&Company. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- Francezka Nangoy (16 October 2012). "AirAsia, Batavia Air Choose Alliance Over Acquisition". Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Pakai AirAsia Bisa Langsung Terbang Ke Darwin". April 22, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indonesia AirAsia.|
- Global official website for AirAsia
- Official website of Indonesia AirAsia
- Indonesia AirAsia fleet age
- Indonesia AirAsia fleet detail
- Indonesia AirAsia banned from operation in EU July 2007