Neil Cavuto, 2007
September 22, 1958 |
Westbury, New York, United States
|Occupation||TV anchor, commentator and executive for Fox Business Network and Fox News Channel|
|Your World at FOXNews.com|
Neil Patrick Cavuto (born September 22, 1958) is an American television anchor and commentator on the Fox Business Network and host of three television programs, Your World with Neil Cavuto and Cavuto on Business, both on the Fox News Channel and Cavuto on sister channel Fox Business Network.
Cavuto also tapes a nightly wrap-up of business news which airs on local FOX affiliates during the late news and has a syndicated radio business news segment that airs on weekday afternoons. He is the senior vice president and managing editor of business news for the Fox Business Network, and oversees content and business coverage. He is the author of two books.
Early life 
Cavuto was born in Westbury, New York, and raised in Danbury, Connecticut, where he attended Immaculate High School. His father was of Italian descent, while his mother was of Irish ancestry. He worked as a White House intern during U.S. president Jimmy Carter's administration, graduated from St. Bonaventure University, and earned a master's degree from American University.
Neil Cavuto became the managing editor of business news and television anchor of Your World with Neil Cavuto on Fox News Channel in July 1996, later becoming a vice president of business news in March 2006. He serves all three positions concurrently. Your World is Fox's main business news program.
He has been awarded numerous times by his peers in the journalism industry, including recognition by the Wall Street Journal as the best interviewer in business news, best business television interviewer four consecutive years, and five nominations for Cable ACE awards. Cavuto was also awarded the 1980 Hellinger Award, the highest award for graduating journalism students from St. Bonaventure University. Cavuto has interviewed many high profile business, political and world leaders.
Personal life 
"I don't hide that I have had a tough life in many respects. I fought back a near-life-ending cancer, only to end up with multiple sclerosis years later. Doctors have since told me that the odds of contracting both diseases in the same life are something like two million to one! Yet here I am, marching on, continuing to do my job when doctors who've examined my scans and MRIs tell me I shouldn't be walking or talking."
- Cavuto biography at FoxBusinessNetwork.com. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- "Cavuto on Business" (short bio), Fox News.com, October 10, 2002. Accessed 2011-08-07.
- Neil Cavuto's page at amazon.com. Accessed 2011-08-05.
- Hyman, Vicki. "Voice of Reason", Inside Jersey, November 13, 2008. Accessed 2011-08-06.
- Horsburgh, Susan, "Breaking the News" People magazine, Sept. 9, 2002. Accessed 2011-08-08.
- Dixon, Jennifer, "Neil Cavuto Deals with MS" WebMD.com, March 1, 2007. Accessed 2011-08-08.
- U.S. News & World Report, Volume 146, Issues 1-6 (2009), p.41. at googlebooks.com. Accessed 2011-08-08.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Neil Cavuto|
- Neil Cavuto's Bio on FoxBusiness.com
- Neil Cavuto's Bio on FoxNews.com
- Cavuto writes about his first book