Rayleigh and Wickford (UK Parliament constituency)
|Rayleigh and Wickford|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of Rayleigh and Wickford in Essex.
Location of Essex within England.
|Electorate||76,089 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Hawkwell, Hockley, Rayleigh and Wickford|
|Member of Parliament||Mark Francois (Conservative Party)|
|Number of members||One|
|European Parliament constituency||East of England|
- Wickford Castledon, Wickford North, and Wickford Park in the Basildon District[n 3]
- Ashingdon and Canewdon, Downhall and Rawreth, Grange, Hawkwell North, Hawkwell South, Hawkwell West, Hockley Central, Hockley North, Hockley West, Hullbridge, Rayleigh Central, Sweyne Park, Trinity, Wheatley and Whitehouse in the Rochford District[n 4]
The previous Rayleigh seat was abolished as a consequence of these changes.
This small-town studded portion of rural Essex reaches out almost as far as the North Sea beside Rochford and has income levels on average slightly above the national average, low unemployment and little reliance on social housing.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Rayleigh and Wickford|
|General Election 2010: Rayleigh and Wickford|
|Liberal Democrat||Susan Gaszczak||7,919||15.1||-0.3|
|Labour||Michael Le Surf||7,577||14.5||-12.0|
|English Democrats||John Hayter||2,219||4.2||+4.2|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Boundary Commission for England, accessed 9 May 2010
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- 2001 Census
- 2011 census interactive maps
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "R" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- 2010 election result, BBC News, 7 May 2010