South African Institute of Electrical Engineers
|Method||Seminars, Publications, Education, Standards|
|Dr Pat Naidoo (President)|
The South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) is a professional association representing electrical and electronic engineers, technologists and technicians in Southern Africa. The organisation is listed as a recognised Voluntary Association by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA), the statutory body that registers professional engineers in South Africa. Over a century, the activities of the SAIEE have included publication, education, the promotion of electrical engineering, public events, and participation in public debate affecting the profession, industry and society.
The SAIEE has three sections, covering the following aspects of electrical engineering:
- Electronics and Software
The SAIEE administers a number of university bursaries and scholarships in the field of electrical and electronic engineering in South Africa. Through its marketing and outreach activities, the organisation promotes engineering, and encourages young people to enter the profession. The SAIEE also provides accreditation for courses for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points, as required by ECSA for renewal of professional registration.
Seminars and Lectures
The SAIEE runs regular seminars, lectures and other events for its members and the public. Notable annual events include the Bernard Price Memorial Lecture, arranged jointly with the University of the Witwatersrand since 1951, and the President's Invitation Lecture.
- SAIEE Africa Research Journal (ARJ), a peer-reviewed journal, which changed name from Transactions of the SAIEE in 2005
- wattnow,  a magazine for members
- Dr Pat Naidoo, 2014
- Paul van Niekerk, 2013
- Mike Cary, 2012
- Andries Tshabalala, 2011 
- Dr Angus Hay, 2010
- du Toit Grobler, 2009 Centenary Year
- VM Wilson, 2008
- IS Mckechnie,2007
- VJ Crone, 2006
- BM Lacquet, 2005
- BNB Ngulube, 2004
- PC ballot, 2003
- RG Coney, 2002
- JW Gosling, 2001
- RH Hayes, 2000
- AME Schulze, 1999
- SC Bridgens, 1998
- KC Plowden, 1997
- RA Harker, 1996
- MT Davison, 1995
- WS Calder, 1994
- MA Crouch, 1993
- DH Jacobson, 1992
- EJ Davison,1991
- RA Leigh, 1990
- TP Stratten, 1940- 
- "ECSA Associations: Recognised Voluntary Associations". Engineering Council of South Africa. 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- Crouch, M: The First Ten Decades, The History of the SAIEE, 1909-2009, Chris van Rensburg Publications, 2009, ISBN 0-86846-110-5
- "SAIEE Africa Research Journal". South African Institute of Electrical Engineers. 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Minx Avrabos, ed. (2013). "wattnow". South African Institute of Electrical Engineers. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Transactions of the SAIEE (February 1940) p29, Presidential address