Sundridge Park railway station
Location of Sundridge Park in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Sundridge Park station is located between Bromley and Grove Park, on Plaistow Lane, Bromley, on the northern edge of the borough of Bromley. The station's namesake Sundridge Park Golf Course is located about 500m north-east of the station.
|Bromley North Line|
Sundridge Park station is on the short Bromley North Branch Line spur from Grove Park to Bromley North and is the only intermediate station on the branch. Trains run at 20 minute intervals There is no service on Sundays.
During testing of the Class 376 Electrostars by South Eastern Trains in 2004, the station gained a service to London Bridge, but this was withdrawn after testing, leaving the station with a branch line only service once more.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Bromley North Line
London Buses route 314 serve the station.
Proposals have been put forward by Transport for London and the London Borough of Bromley for the Bromley North Line to be extended and connected to either the Docklands Light Railway via a link south of Lewisham, to the Tramlink system from Beckenham Junction, or to an extension of the Bakerloo line from Elephant and Castle. These schemes have not been taken beyond the proposal stage and recommendations are expected to be published around 2017.
Additionally, it has been suggested that the Bromley North Line could be connected to London Overground via an extended service from New Cross, although the problems of line capacity make this seem an unlikely solution.
|Bromley North Line|
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Sundridge Park Southeastern Retrieved 2008-05-04
- London to Grove Park, Bromley North, Orpington, and Sevenoaks Southeastern Retrieved 2008-05-04
- "Could the DLR or Bakerloo line be coming to Bromley?". This is Local London. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Future Rail and Tram Links to Bromley". Report No. ES12004. London Borough of Bromley. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "The Past and Future of the Bromley North Branch". London Reconnections. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sundridge Park railway station.|