|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is Bonadea's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Bonadea.|
Archive 1 (Dec 2006 - Jun 2007)
- 1 Contested deletion
- 2 Problem gambling -> Spam
- 3 Pozzitive DHM/ "Strap In - It's Clever Peter"
- 4 Gambling category & Problem gambling
- 5 Userboxen
- 6 Disambiguation link notification for November 27
- 7 Asking Jesus into heart article--removal of my edit
- 8 GoDaddy change
- 9 Reference Errors on 6 December
- 10 Recent Edit of E-commerce in India article
- 11 Dead link question???
- 12 pleas be informed that i am one of the only two contributors of the Pop Fiction and Sizzle Books Wikipedia Article.
- 13 Attwood
- 14 The aim I want to achieve by posting YouTube birth videos on Wikipedia pages
- 15 Thank you so much!
- 16 Uploading photos on Wikipedia
- 17 A kind request.
- 18 Pop Fiction and Sizzle Books
- 19 Comparaison of project management software - edit
- 20 List of tomboys in fiction
- 21 Sources
- 22 Jaerock Lee and related articles
- 23 Disambiguation link notification for January 21
- 24 Vandalism of Talimeran Ao page
- 25 Adminship
- 26 Pressure Washer
- 27 Help required for - FabFurnish.com as the recent edit got reverted
- 28 Lead generation through Wi-Fi
- 29 reply from liguolong
- 30 Looney Tunes Dash article deleted.
- 31 Thank you for your effort making Wikipedia worse
- 32 Oh, it's ok
- 33 review of an external link
- 34 Media intelligence
- 35 Y. Srihari
- 36 Melissa Rycroft
- 37 FYI re: the edits at Talk:Vaporizer (inhalation device)
- 38 Disambiguation link notification for March 3
- 39 Spam Link
- 40 What is your problem?
- 41 Impeding the Progress of an Article
- 42 Bonadea
- 43 Spam Link
- 44 External Link for Google Penguin Page
- 45 Sorry about that
- 46 Reference Errors on 23 March
- 47 A barnstar for you!
- 48 Allwalis windfarm
- 49 Solapur Name Change Help
- 50 Timothy Sheridan
- 51 Disambiguation link notification for April 9
- 52 Why
- 53 How to write or link something to wikipedia?
- 54 Disambiguation link notification for April 26
- 55 Western Products Company Page
- 56 message to admin
User:Excelsior Educational & Development This page was created to make awareness in people. Everything in this page is written according to the rules if Wikipedia. If you find anything promotional please highlight that so that we can change it.
Problem gambling -> Spam
Pozzitive DHM/ "Strap In - It's Clever Peter"
Thank you for your message; my mistake, yes! I first logged in as myself, the DHM one, and then only afterwards realized that there was an existing company login which my old assistant had set up, the Pozzitive one (which is indeed my production company). So from now on, everything I do will be as the Pozzitive one. Sorry about that!
Gambling category & Problem gambling
Hi Bona, I would like to comment about the relationship between Gambling and Problem gambling, you've edited back my edition with this comment "rm good-faith edit: gambling is not per definition problem gambling, so it is not an appropriate category) ". I think there's a strong relationship, it's been talked earlier about on board, but it was not conclusive. I believe we should bring the subject back, because I think there's an substantial relationship.--Euroescritor (talk) 20:14, 16 November 2014 (UTC)oo
Please assume good faith on my part and my desire to improve the encyclopedia. I am actually relieved that you at least considered my message to you to be a joke - though it was not. I would have been quite distressed if you had been insulted or offended and I am glad weren't affected in those ways. Also, your jovial attitude, expressed in a light-hearted manner should result in our continued discussions.
WP:Userboxes describes the term typically used, by consensus, in place of the word 'Userboxen' Of course, and without a doubt, the term userboxen can be used on your own talk page.
And though my message to you has been deleted (why?) at least it was visible for a couple of hours.
- Best Regards,
- 09:06, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
- What does my use of an unorthodox plural form, as a joke on my user page, have to do with anything? Is that the reason you told me my English is not good enough for Wikipedia? (Actually, don't answer that.) For the record, it is not quite correct to say that regular plural forms are used by consensus (but that is a side issue.) Concerning the message of yours that I removed, if it was not a joke, I am afraid it can only be interpreted as a wholly uncalled-for slur and insult. However, I am not offended, since you don't actually know me, and your opinion is based on a small sample of my activities. It is an unpleasant thing to know that I am being seen as unhelpful and incompetent, but I don't think that is a majority opinion, since I haven't heard it from anybody else here. You are certainly entitled to that opinion, but hopefully my presence won't present a problem for you in the future. After all, we have been active Wikipedians for years without crossing paths. I am sure we won't have any problems being civil to each other if we should find ourselves editing the same articles. --bonadea contributions talk 21:48, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited The MobileStore, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Telecom. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Asking Jesus into heart article--removal of my edit
I am glad that you want the wikipedia content to be accurate; that is good. I am new to editing wikipedia, and I don't know if this is the way to respond to your edit on the asking Christ into one's heart article, which deleted what I believe was a significant improvement. Since I have studied the subject in the article on asking Christ into one's heart to a significant extent, and have interacted with other scholars on it, and taught on it in seminary classes in advanced Greek exegesis courses and undergraduate courses in Koine Greek, I did post material related to it that I also placed on my website. However, I did not write the doctoral dissertation that relates to the topic that is found there, nor did I write the article by Ovid Need I also linked to. Nor have I ever met the author of either the dissertation I referenced nor the author of the other article in my life, and they actually both possess theological positions with which I differ in significant ways. I am not sure why the Wikipedia article is improved by removing all references to a doctoral dissertation on the subject--it rather appears to me to be significantly weakened. If you believe it is good to remove the one article that I authored on the subject, simply because I authored it, that is fine, I suppose, although it represents what is close to a consensus in evangelical scholarship, but I don't see why the other material should be removed. I am fully aware that search engines ignore external links on Wikipedia pages. I appreciate your desire to preserve and increase the quality of Wikipedia articles by preventing them from degenerating into irrelevant advertising of external material or extraneous content; however, I do not think that my edits fit into that category. Perhaps it would be well to reconsider the wholesale deletions that were put in place here and reinstate deleted material. In relation to my own background, I teach seminary and undergraduate courses, write books, have an M. A., M. Div, and Th. M, and am just about done with my Ph. D. dissertation. I trust that I am qualified to edit the article. Thanks again, KJB1611 — Preceding unsigned comment added by KJBIBLE1611 (talk • contribs) 12:05, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
Reference Errors on 6 December
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Recent Edit of E-commerce in India article
I edited the article here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-commerce_in_India with a few citations having good content. While comparing to different articles like http://ptlb.in/ecommerce/?p=23 added as a citation in the article I was wondering, why was my link removed.
You can check the quality of article here http://www.coupondaddy.in/e-commerce-trends-exciting-markets-across-world/ and please let me know what the reason was.
Hoping to hear back soon.
Hello. I went and fixed a dead link. The link (that was then dead) was reference about the requirements of a real estate salesperson license. I linked to a page that gave the exact requirements required for such a license. Seen here... Real Estate Salesperson License Requirements. But Bonadea removed my link and put back the dead link. Why? And if so, then how am I supposed to fix a dead link if providing the exact thing the original link had when it was good does not suffice??? Thank you for your time.
my name is Ruth Emmanuel popularly known as Rutex in Nigeria,am a female musician and i've been representing iamrutex online on twitter and instagram and i will want to continue using it on wikipedia too, so mr or mrs Bonadea i need you to understand and allow me use my identity as iamrutex — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:58, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
pleas be informed that i am one of the only two contributors of the Pop Fiction and Sizzle Books Wikipedia Article.
i am not tampering or vandalizing any of the materials of the Pop Fiction and Sizzle Books cause i am one of the authors.
I've reported the user as an attack name. Your AIV report will probably come through first. I asked for revdel but they did not hide enough of the page history. I suggest that once the user is indeffed (I'm assuming that username issue will be sufficient for an indef) one of us ask for a revdel on the rest of the page since that first line is there for most of the history. Meters (talk) 20:03, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- And I see he was indeffed for vandalism while I was writing the above. Meters (talk) 20:04, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
The aim I want to achieve by posting YouTube birth videos on Wikipedia pages
My name is abrahamvermeulen26 and I am a new poster on Wikipedia from the Netherlands. First of all, I would like to thank you for removing some of my birth videos from the Childbirth Wikipedia Page. I also thank you thus for guiding me into the new (at least for me:))Wikipedia world. The only thing I wanted to let you know is that the videos about the special home births and births in natural environments I posted are ways to merely INFORM readers about births. All the videos that I have posted are meant to inform people of the fact that birth can also take place at home or in a natural environment, not only in a hospital. They have nothing to do with my own opinion about better birthgiving at all. I just want to add some examples in video form, just to make sure that people really understand what childbirth is about.
I have already posted my videos on the Dutch Wikipedia page about pregnancy. (Nederlands: zwangerschap), but I would be a lot more happier if I could post the 11 videos on the English Wikipedia Page on Childbirth, since many more readers all over the world will have the opportunity to view my videos. (They merely serve as examples, nothing more)
Could you please give me the permission to post at least one video on the English Wikipedia Page about Childbirth or give some arguments why you wouldn't?
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you so much!
thank you so much for your two messages! They really help me to understand Wikipedia better than long lists and guidelines do. I really feel like you do your best to guide me through this new digital world and I appreciate that so much!
The first thing I am going to do from now on, is subscribe and start a discussion on the Talk page about both Pregnancy and Childbirth which is really the best option to do. I will also read the pages about the guidelines of Wikipedia and how to use it. I won't bother you any more by posting YouTube birthgiving videos that you have to remove, but I hope that you will stay available for questions I have about Wikipedia and the use of it and how to get to posting and new information etcetera.
Again....thank you! I so much appreciate you.
Jag önsker er en underbar 2015!
Uploading photos on Wikipedia
Hello Bonadea (again)!
having problems with uploading photos on a Wikipedia page I would like to contact you. My goal was to post a picture portraying a pregnant woman with her husband on the Wikipedia page about Childbirth. I have already read all the steps you should take before uploading pictures, but at the end Wikipedia isn't willing to grant me the permission to finally upload the picture and put it on the page. How could this possibly happen? This is the website from which I have picked this picture (in case it might come in use for you): http://www.123rf.com/photo_10751418_naked-pregnant-woman-with-her-husband.html
Could you give me an advice how to tackle this problem? What do you think the problem might probably be?
Thanks in advance!
ps. I will be off Wikipedia for a couple of weeks now, since I have to study. You will see me again on Wikipedia in February. I wish you a happy, healthy and successful 2015 and I'll see you in February!
A kind request.
Hi Bonadea, I'm again. Forgive me if I disturb you. Please, could suggest me something to keep my article live? It's very sad for me I cannot see disappearing my article from Wikipedia. Is there any solution to keep it safe? Please.. Textlover (talk) 16:02, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
may i request that the above article be semi-protected. i am not vandalizing it in any form. i just wanted the details, sections, and articles be supported with citations since the articles are used in researches. thanks in advance for helping me out with this. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sweetchloe16 (talk • contribs) 13:27, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
I'm new to wikipedia. I added a product to the Comparaison of project management software. You remove my modification, but I don't know why. Can you tell my why so I can do it the right way.
If you're going to revert, please explain it, ask for third opinion and/or RFC on the talk page. The sources don't directly say "tomboy", but they do imply. I won't revert again, but I'll send it to the talk page for third opinion or RFC. Porchcorpter 22:47, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
- When you add new information to a page, the burden is on you to provide reliable sources for the information. Like SummerPhD and Only, I explained my revert in the edit summary and on your user talk page. (Actually Summer explained it best, so there was no need for me to insult your intelligence and understanding by reiterating her points.) Discussing it on the article talk page is your best option. Cheers, --bonadea contributions talk 10:34, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
Interesting tidbit about your comment on sources to User:Bigpeepz (the one who is currently removing content on Chris Kyle): Other editors were complaining that the sources were op-eds, even though they quoted Kyle's autobiography directly (see here). So what is the proper way to include Kyle's view on war and his targets in the article?188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:24, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
In reference to a remark you made at the Jaerock Lee talk page (specifically that "there are many editors who work only on articles connected to Lee and his work"): I'm not sure how familiar you are with the history of the article, but a little digging reveals that Jaerock Lee's protection status is due to "persistent sock puppetry" going back several years and that there have been numerous sockpuppet investigations related to the article (located here, here and here). It seems eminently possible, given the number of accounts working in concert at articles related to Jaerock Lee, that the sockpuppetry problem has risen again. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this. Regards, VeryCrocker (talk) 07:23, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
I guess I reference this: User talk:184.108.40.206
First, thank you for the notice of the change. The citation was placed on the corresponding page because the wickipedia page keeps populating for the same branded search term as our companies blog "Sidewalk Talk", which is a Service Mark company asset (think trade mark for a service company http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_mark). Our intent is to draw a distinct differential between the two assets and entities. It is our wish that the link be restated.
220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:26, 15 January 2015 (UTC)Sincerely, Chris Sheehy, Founder18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:26, 15 January 2015 (UTC) You are welcome to send a message to our general inbox, it will find me: email@example.com. I will reply from my personal account.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Maithali, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Mithila (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Vandalism of Talimeran Ao page
Pardon my clumsy attempt to edit Talimeran Ao page as I am not sure about the procedure. As late Talimeran's son I wanted to correct his name spelling and also put a passport photograph instead of the painting depicted.If you are the Authority to permit this, please allow it and give instructions on how to go about this. Yours sincerely, Indy2011 Indy2011 (talk) 06:51, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
Bonadea, I am writing concerning your removal of my reference on under "Uses" on the "Pressure Washer" page. You removed my link to a site containing extensive information on the subject that I edited (Low Pressure Washing) and instead, you or someone else inserted links about "Transmissions" which has NOTHING to do with the subject that I edited. This was just the beginning of me adding a TON of content on subjects/objects that are NOT currently covered by wikipedia and I want to continue doing so. But when my reference is replaced with something that's basically "Black Hat SEO" so that some Transmission company can have some backlinks, it aggravates me quite a bit. So please let me know EXACTLY what references you would like, because transmissions have NOTHING to do with the subject that I updated online the site that I originally added. I can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. -Jared — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jared.c.greene (talk • contribs) 14:48, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
Help required for - FabFurnish.com as the recent edit got reverted
Thanks for stopping by and providing your inputs for the recent edits on the FabFurnish.com article. I am trying to be familiar with the neutrality for writing in wikipedia, and based on that I edited the above mentioned page. I added few points under the respective headings like 1 History 2 Business Model 3 Mergers & Acquisitions 4 Milestones & Achievements 5 Marketing & Initiatives 6 Awards & Recognition without the objective of advertising and/or promotion. These were basically the company's achievements. I would be really thankful, if you could help me in providing more inputs based on the above headings, in order to make the article more informative.
Lead generation through Wi-Fi
The Wi-Fi section depends on my personal experience with lead generation through Wi-Fi, as a marketing professional. There are a few articles about the topic, because it's a brand new branch of marketing. There is an ongoing discussion about privacy (asking for personal data in exchange for WiFi).
Would you think this is an interesting topic to discuss? Thank you for your help. Kind regards,
reply from liguolong
Hi, in regard to your message, I would first say that I am not using multiple account. liguolong is the only account I am using. Also I am a semi-professional poker player, and I know most aspects of poker. I can guarantee you that what I put on wiki are all about important aspects of modern poker theory. I did put links to my own blog, but it is because I believe the explaination on my blog is the most clear one and I can guarantee you that if you ask any poker professional, they will be positive about my articles. So A lot good poker players are reluctant to disclose their strategies and they are making money playing online poker and simply can't bother to contribute. I have been researching, learning and playing poker for years and in combination with my mathematical skills (I am phd in math in cambridge university), I believe I can certainly make positive contributions to wikipedia. If you don't believe that my effort are making wikipedia better, please consult a poker professional and ask for his opinion.
Hi, thank you for your response. First, I will emphasis again I am only using one account and I only have one account. Secondly, let me be frank, I don't think you understand poker at all. If you tell me that what I have put on wikipedia is not correct or not important, I am happy to hear your reason, if you are right, you can delete it. However, I feel that reverting the changes without understanding the what it says would result in negative contribution to wikipedia. Every decent poker player knows things about e.g. GTO(game theoretical optimal), blockers etc and would acknowledge their importance and it is ashame that these issues can be found nowhere in wikipedia. The strategies written in wikipedia are very outdated. So, I would like to ask you not to revert my work if you don't understand it.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Liguolong08 (talk • contribs) 09:16, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
Looney Tunes Dash article deleted.
I received the message saying This has been done under section G12 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article or image appears to be a clear copyright infringement. This article or image appears to be a direct copy from http://androiddreamer.com/looney-tunes-dash/ however, androiddreamer is my own blog. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Liguolong08 (talk • contribs) 20:56, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your effort making Wikipedia worse
Ok, I will delete my wikipedia account and give up trying to contribute. I would like to thank you for letting me understand a quote by Mark Twain :“How often we recall with regret that Napoleon once shot at a magazine editor and missed him and killed a publisher. But we remember with charity that his intentions were good.” — Preceding unsigned comment added by Liguolong08 (talk • contribs) 23:52, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sorry that being asked to follow Wikipedia policy offends you. The only things I have asked you to do are to a) use one account only, b) not add links to your personal websites fillpocket and androiddreamer without first discussing the additions, and c) not violate Wikipedia's copyright policies. I'm afraid none of those points is my own invention so you are really just shooting the messenger here. But since all your edits so far have been promotional for your own websites I fear that you would never have found Wikipedia a very welcoming environment, no matter which editors you had any interactions with. Thanks, --bonadea contributions talk 08:46, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
Oh, it's ok
Hi Bonadea, Well done on your hard work on editing the content and making Wikipedia the best place as free reference website.
I added http://www.urlrate.com to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name which I think it fits very well with what it is discussed there. Basically, I have been using this website which it covers almost all subjects added on the domain name page. That would be great if other people also could view and use this website. Or what title I should write an article about it?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
sir, how many days it wall take time to delate the article ," This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy'.my user id is jyoshna7. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jyoshna7 (talk • contribs) 17:22, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
thanking you for your reply sir ,i am miss jyoshna , i am a medical student finel year .....my id is jyoshna7, i am new to wikipedia , i want to create an article in wikipedia , like diseases like acaustic neruroma , myocardial infarction, i am requeting you give me suggestion how to start to write an article in wikipeida , and where can i ger faq about writing article.......thanking you sir — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jyoshna7 (talk • contribs) 17:59, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
good morning sir , i want to open an article in wikipedia , but i have small doubt sir , i am a medical student , will spend more time in my library , there are many medical books in my library , i can create a good article by read this books , but this books not available in internet, but wikipedia asks refrences in internet, can i give the names of this books as reference ...what is the next step? please help me sir.....thanking you... jyoshna — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jyoshna7 (talk • contribs) 07:16, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
respectsed sir, i llike your editing system , but i want to inform you that small error happend at editing of " dr y.srihari' article , in this article there are two references one is http://www.hypnotherapistregister.com/InternationalIndia.htm , in this at bottom of list there is dr srihari mbbs,bwrt,btht naem at town visakhapatnam , and in 2nd reference http://www.viteprecedenti.com/ipnologi.html#india , in hyderabad town listing is there , but in both the name published as dr sreehari instead of dr y,srihari , if possible please observe it sir,,,thanking you sir , sorry for trouble you sir......sekhar — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:44, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- There was an edit note in Y. Srihari which pointed out the fact that directory listings in a directory or register of doctors is not the same as a reference. Unfortunately, that note has been removed without any explanation. In any case, the links you mention do not support Srihari's notability, regardless of how his name is spelt. --bonadea contributions talk 14:59, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
respected sir, i jyoshna7 , with your proper guidence i succed an article LIVING LONGER . i am very happy its not delated its your credit. i am very thankfull to your for your guidence and suggerssion , previously i tried 9 articles ,but all are delated, i am very happy and thankfull to you sir ,,,,,jyoshna — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jyoshna7 (talk • contribs) 19:11, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi again - as you have probably noticed, the article was in fact deleted (nothing to do with me - I haven't been logged on for a few hours and your article was gone when I looked for it.) It was evidently a copyright violation which is something Wikipedia takes quite seriously. For your next article you might want to use the Articles for Creation process. Wishing you the best of luck. --bonadea contributions talk 20:12, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
FYI re: the edits at Talk:Vaporizer (inhalation device)
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is Persistent disruption by Timothy Sheridan. Thank you. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 21:04, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- OK, thanks - I guess Timothy Sheridan is one of those people who won't go away since it is impossible to make him see reason... he's kind of tragic, really. And he is more than just kind of disruptive. --bonadea contributions talk 21:30, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Aditya Narayan, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Pardes (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
I just converted a bare URL reference to a proper reference at the article Sim box. Check the revision here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sim_box&oldid=650119432 which clearly shows that the link was already in the article as a bare URL way before I converted it to a proper reference. Next time I will be cautious to follow the links to see if Spam or not. The spam links had been originally added by User:Anna Alexandrovna Latushkina as seen here. Aha... (talk) 13:06, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
What is your problem?
- I'm not aware that I have a problem. As far as I can tell, my contributions amount to a little over 68,000 at the moment. --bonadea contributions talk 22:03, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
Impeding the Progress of an Article
I seriously think you should be removed from Wikipedia. Clearly you have some anger issues and you are using your role as a quasi-administrator to impede the progress of articles. Let me add, I haven't a clue what you are referring to when you say promotional text. As I tried to tell you previously, I felt it was necessary to to reflect the authors thoughts, as best I could. It really is people like you that impede the progress of Wikipedia with anal adherence to "Policy". It amounts to censorship. If you want censorship go live in Russia or China.
As far as citations the most reliable citation is Facebook itself, and to cite Facebook would be a violation of Wikipedia policy, which is why I didn't link it. Since "Likes" is a number that changes from week to week, it would be pointless to cite an article that would be hopelessly out of date a week after it was published.
- Thank you for starting a discussion about this. We can't cherry-pick which policies we choose to adhere to, and as soon as an addition to an article is questioned, the burden is on the editor who wants to add the information to show that it belongs in the article. Looking at the text you added, the first sentence is an almost verbatim copy of the source, with only a couple of words changed, which means that it is a copyright violation. That is something that is absolutely not allowed under any circumstances here. Secondly, the phrasing about the city being propelled into the limelight (I'm paraphrasing here, but that's what it amounted to) is promotional, not informational. In addition, it makes little sense to have that snippet of text in that section - there is no logical progression to the text, it is the kind of text that might be found at the start of a (promotional) text.
- The most reliable citation is not Facebook itself - that would be a primary source, and simply looking at the number of likes and adding that to the article would constitute original research. What you need to provide is a reliable source that has published the information about the number of likes, a secondary source. Yes, that information may become outdated (so you would have to qualify it by adding the information of when it was published), but I'm afraid it is still absolutely necessary to have such a source. If no such published information exists, the information cannot remain in the article.
- As for anger issues, I'm not sure what you mean - you posted personal attacks on this page completely out of the blue, which I admit did annoy me a little, but I'm certainly not angry (life's too short to harbour grudges against anonymous people on a random website). I also have no "quasi-administrative powers" at all. --bonadea contributions talk 17:14, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
Someone suggests you have a problem and immediately you feel you are being personlly attacked. I suppose this feeling stems from your issues with anger, which you deny having. You might as well delete it all then, I know it will make you feel better, and help to relieve your anxieties. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:04, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. The reference link you added did not, in fact, support the text "Most recently Web development has come to mean the creation of content management systems or CMS", since it led to a site promoting a particular CMS. Please see Wikipedia's external links policy, and in particular this list of the kinds of links that are considered inappropriate for Wikipedia articles. Thanks, --bonadea contributions talk 14:34, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
External Link for Google Penguin Page
Hello Bonadea, I'd like to discuss external link removing for google penalty recovery service I've added to the Google Penguin page. Why was it consider as inappropriate for Wiki? There's another Recovery service in External links already, but it's not removed. The mentioned service http://depenalize.me has unique selling proposition - it's a really non-risky service, with 100% money back guarantee. And this link may be really useful for the page visitors. I'll be appreciated for your answer. --Zergut.al (talk) 14:11, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- I'm afraid the kind of external link you suggest does not meet Wikipedia's external links policy - specifically, points 4 and 5 in this list. You are absolutely right about the other recovery service link - that should not have been added to the article, and it has now been removed. Thanks, --bonadea contributions talk 14:30, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Sorry about that
Reference Errors on 23 March
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
- On the Jaerock Lee page, your edit caused an unsupported parameter error (help). (Fix | Ask for help)
A barnstar for you!
|The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|For your fantastic work at Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/EPANews. Keep it up! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (Message me) 14:51, 25 March 2015 (UTC)|
Hi, I notice you removed recent edits. Although I can understand your concern, it is important to make clear the harmful problems the site has caused to local residents. This is a fact, as were the external links I included. How can we put this into a form so that is it a neutral statement of fact and will be accepted? — Preceding unsigned comment added by ElBurroBlanco (talk • contribs) 09:38, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message! As you were writing it I was trying to incorporate the information in a more neutral fashion into the article (and also removing some excessive, bordering-on-promotional details about the wind farm). I completely agree that it is important to include the information about the problems, especially since there are several reliable sources. It makes me rather sad to see that those sources are from 2010 and 2012, and apparently the problems still exist... Cheers, --bonadea contributions talk 10:15, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your help Bonadea. I'm new to Wikipedia so making my way around its policies and restrictions. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Debbie M Wilson (talk • contribs) 09:22, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
Solapur Name Change Help
Name of Solapur is derived form "Hindi" language Words which a very clear I do the edits but One user keep on changing it to "Marathi" Language I am not able to do the right edit Please advise how to make it possible to put the right info Atonway (talk) 10:37, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
You know quite well how to determine if an IP address is him. Anyway, should I request a rangeblock for 188.8.131.52/19? I gathered 8 abusive IPs and lined them up in Wikimedia lab's tool. Zeke Essiestudy (talk) 20:51, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, sorry for late reply - I don't think it would hurt, you could ask some admin who has encountered Sheridan before, for instance Barek. I'm not an admin so I'm not sure what the guidelines about rangeblocks say. Thanks for doing this - it is quite an annoying return vandal, this. --bonadea contributions talk 08:07, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Allu Sirish, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Ghajini (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
I help Wiki give people helpful information, why you edit it's??? I writed it's and posted in my site and in here! tell me why you edit my content? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zezo1986 (talk • contribs) 09:36, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- It is spammy, and it is copyrighted. If you wrote the original text you could in theory donate the text to Wikipedia; instructions have been left on your talk page. But the text is inappropriate anyway since it is a user guide, and it is written in a tone that is inappropriate for an encyclopedia, and so it can't be used for those reasons, as well. The link vilolates Wikipedia's external links policy. --bonadea contributions talk 09:42, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
Hello I need your help, because I have written really good content about cosmetic surgery, I write about tips to recover, to have a better surgery among others topics, and I would like to publish some of this content in wikipedia. If you can please help.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Mukundi Lal, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Jail break (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Western Products Company Page
My company is Western Products (http://www.westernproducts.com/). This company's name is "Western." (http://www.westernplows.com/wp/company/). I want to claim this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Products. — Preceding unsigned comment added by WesternProducts (talk • contribs) 21:50, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
message to admin
|i'm aware that wikipedia uses no follow alter.i'm not spamming,i'm posting content that is relevant.what's your problem ? are you the related to jimmy wales ? why are you removing the links ? huh Galaxy2223 (talk) 16:39, 2 May 2015 (UTC)|
- I'm no administrator, but I've been around for a little while and so I'm fairly well aware of Wikipedia's external links policies. You have been informed of these policies several times (by three different editors) but just to refresh your memory: these are the types of links to be avoided. #11 specifies that blogs and personal fansites should not be added, and the website you have been diligently adding to many different Wikipedia pages specifies very clearly that it is an unofficial blog. In addition, #13 says that "the link should be directly related to the subject of the article", and a blog post with a drinks recipe is not directly related to an article about a sporting competition. The blog post itself adds nothing at all to what is already on the page Mint julep. Thank you. --bonadea contributions talk 16:47, 2 May 2015 (UTC)