|Introduced||April 25, 2017 (general public)|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain (gTLD)|
|Intended use||"any business, government, non-profit or individual working toward a sustainable future"|
|Documents||ICANN Registry Agreement|
Big Room is the registry for the domain and names can be registered at go.eco. The company won the rights through a community application after assembling a coalition of more than 50 environmental organizations. The registry is advised by a council of these organizations.
- "The home of .eco, the domain for the environmental community". Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- ".eco Domain Launches with Support of WWF, Conservation International, United Nations Global Compact…". News | .eco. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- Field, Anne. "A New Internet Extension For Eco-Conscious Companies". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- ".eco Registry Agreement - ICANN". www.icann.org. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Birth of an .eco empire: The story behind the internet's new green turf". CBC News. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Care About The Environment? Get Yourself A Fancy New .Eco Website". Fast Company. 2017-05-10. Retrieved 2017-07-07.