|Intended use||To establish an easily recognized and accessible namespace for the German-speaking population|
|Documents||ICANN registry agreement|
.kaufen is a proposed top-level domain (TLD) in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant is Demand Media (United TLD Holdco Ltd.). The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 29 December 2013.
The following is the official purpose of the .kaufen domain:
"The term "kaufen" is a generic and broadly used German word that holds particular affinity for people and organizations engaged in online commerce. In German "kaufen" means: to buy. Global in scope, today a passionate group of millions of consumers and hundreds of thousands of organizations identify with this word. The mission and purpose of the .kaufen TLD is to establish an easily recognized and accessible namespace for the German-speaking portion of this large and dynamic group.
The .kaufen TLD is proposed by United TLD Holdco Ltd. ("United TLD"), a well-funded company established by highly experienced domain industry executives for the express purpose of securing the rights to operate a portfolio of TLDs that increase choice, expression, affinity and relevance for millions of consumers, businesses and other organizations on the web."
Delegation and availability
- "IANA - Delegation Record for .KAUFEN". 21 August 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings Archived June 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Ninja Springs to Life as a Squirrel as 19 New gTLDs get Delegated, DomainIncite Retrieved 30 Dec 2013
- Application Download, gTLDresult.ICANN.org Archived 2015-04-11 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 22 Feb 2013
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 11 Nov 2013