|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2026.|
2026 (MMXXVI) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2026th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 26th year of the 3rd millennium, the 26th year of the 21st century, and the 7th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 21 – If still living, Queen Elizabeth II will become the first-ever British monarch to celebrate her one-hundredth birthday. Her late mother, the Queen Mother (1900-2002) celebrated this milestone on 4 August 2000.
- August 12 – A solar eclipse is predicted.
- Having begun in 1882, construction of La Sagrada Família in Barcelona is scheduled to be completed.
- Onboard plutonium generators delivering heat and electricity to Mars Science Laboratory will run out.
- Launch of PLATO, the third ESA Cosmic Vision M-class mission.
- The 2026 FIFA World Cup will be held in North America (the United States, Canada and Mexico).
- The 2026 Winter Olympics will be held in Milan or Stockholm.
- If the population decline of the African penguin is not halted, the species is expected to go extinct by 2026.
-  Archived December 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Nasa's Curiosity rover on course for Mars landing - BBC News". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.