alpha/beta-Hydrolase domain containing 6 (ABHD6), also known as monoacylglycerol lipase ABHD6 or 2-arachidonoylglycerol hydrolase is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the ABHD6 gene.
ABHD6 is a serine hydrolyzing enzyme that possesses typical α/β-hydrolase family domains. ABHD6 was first studied because of its over-expression in certain forms of tumours.
ABHD6 has been linked to regulation of the endocannabinoid system as it controls the accumulation of 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) at the cannabinoid receptors.
ABHD6 accounts for about 4% of 2-AG brain hydrolysis. Together, monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL), ABHD12, and ABHD6 control 99% of 2-AG signalling in the brain.
- ^ a b c GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000163686 - Ensembl, May 2017
- ^ a b c GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000025277 - Ensembl, May 2017
- ^ "Human PubMed Reference:".
- ^ "Mouse PubMed Reference:".
- ^ Li F, Fei X, Xu J, Ji C (April 2009). "An unannotated alpha/beta hydrolase superfamily member, ABHD6 differentially expressed among cancer cell lines". Mol. Biol. Rep. 36 (4): 691–6. doi:10.1007/s11033-008-9230-7. PMID 18360779.
- ^ Marrs WR, Blankman JL, Horne EA, Thomazeau A, Lin YH, Coy J, Bodor AL, Muccioli GG, Hu SS, Woodruff G, Fung S, Lafourcade M, Alexander JP, Long JZ, Li W, Xu C, Möller T, Mackie K, Manzoni OJ, Cravatt BF, Stella N (August 2010). "The serine hydrolase ABHD6 controls the accumulation and efficacy of 2-AG at cannabinoid receptors". Nat. Neurosci. 13 (8): 951–7. doi:10.1038/nn.2601. PMC 2970523 . PMID 20657592.
- ^ a b Cannabinoid Receptors—Advances in Research and Application: 2012 Edition: ScholarlyBrief. ScholarlyEditions. 26 December 2012. pp. 68–. ISBN 978-1-4816-0672-1.
- ^ Savinainen JR, Saario SM, Laitinen JT (February 2012). "The serine hydrolases MAGL, ABHD6 and ABHD12 as guardians of 2-arachidonoylglycerol signalling through cannabinoid receptors". Acta Physiol (Oxf). 204 (2): 267–76. doi:10.1111/j.1748-1716.2011.02280.x. PMC 3320662 . PMID 21418147.