America's Next Top Model (season 18)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 18)|
Cycle 18 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||February 29– May 30, 2012|
|No. of contestants||14|
The eighteenth cycle of America's Next Top Model (subtitled as America's Next Top Model: British Invasion) premiered on February 29, 2012 and was the twelfth season to air on The CW. It occupied the time slot of the final two scheduled episodes of Remodeled.This was the first American edition of Top Model to be filmed and broadcast in high definition (HD). The cycle featured fourteen contestants, placing seven British models who had competed in previous cycles of Britain's Next Top Model alongside seven all-new American models.
The prizes for this cycle included a modeling contract with LA Models & NY Model Management, a guest correspondent placement with Extra, a fashion spread in Vogue Italia, and both the cover and a spread in Beauty In Vogue, becoming the face of America’s Next Top Model fragrance "Dream Come True", production of a record single released by CBS Records, and a US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics.
- 1 Casting
- 2 Cast
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Results
- 5 Criticism
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
The cycle featured seven contestants from previous cycles of Britain's Next Top Model for a second chance to win the title. Cycles 1 and 7 were unrepresented, cycles 2, 3, 4 and 6 were each represented by one contestant, and cycle 5 was represented by three contestants. The returning contestants from Britain's Next Top Model and their prior placements were:
|Cycle 2||Jasmia Robinson||3rd place|
|Cycle 3||Louise Watts||Runner-up|
|Cycle 4||Catherine Thomas||Runner-up|
|Cycle 5||Ashley Brown||4th place|
|Annaliese Dayes||7th place|
|Cycle 6||Alisha White||Runner-up|
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|United Kingdom||Jasmia Robinson||24||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)||London, England||Episode 1||14|
|United States||Mariah Watchman||20||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Pendleton, Oregon||Episode 2||13|
|United Kingdom||Louise Watts||25||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)||London, England||Episode 3||12 (quit)|
|United States||Candace Smith||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Brooklyn, New York||Episode 4||11|
|United Kingdom||Ashley Brown||22||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)||Armadale, Scotland||Episode 5||10|
|United States||AzMarie Livingston||24||5 ft 9.75 in (1.77 m)||Milwaukee, Wisconsin||Episode 6||9|
|United States||Kyle Gober||20||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Magnolia, Texas||Episode 7||8|
|United States||Seymone Cohen-Fobish||19||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Augusta, Georgia||Episode 8||7|
|United Kingdom||Catherine Thomas||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Folkestone, England||Episode 9||6|
|United States||Eboni Davis||18||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Seattle, Washington||Episode 10||5|
|United Kingdom||Alisha White||20||N/A||South London, England||4 (quit)|
|United Kingdom||Annaliese Dayes||24||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||London, England||Episode 11||3|
|United States||Laura LaFrate||20||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)||Scotia, New York||Episode 13||2|
|United Kingdom||Sophie Sumner||21||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Oxford, England||1|
No episode aired on April 4, 2012 due to the CW's broadcast of One Tree Hill series finale.
First aired February 29, 2012
- Special guests: Kelly Osbourne, Oliver Tolentino, Michael Buffer
First aired March 7, 2012
- Featured photographer: Douglas Friedman
- Special guests: Kris Jenner, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Sally Hershberger, Victoria Recaño, Neeko, Amy Nadine
First aired March 14, 2012
- Featured photographer: Jerry Metellus
- Special guest: Cat Deeley
First aired March 21, 2012
First aired March 28, 2012
- Featured photographer: Miguel Jacob
- Special guests: Beverly Johnson, Kim Newport-Mimran, Jairo Betancur, Hans Koechling, Adam Taubenfligel, Travis Taddeo, Cassie Dee, Pao Lim, Danielle Martin, Jose Manuel St. Jacques, Simon Belanger, George Antonopoulos, Cynthia Florek, Erika Larva, Patrick Rahme, Anita Patrickson
Jessica Sutta & Nadine Coyle
First aired April 11, 2012
First aired April 18, 2012
- Featured photographer: Ben Shaul
- Special guest: Estelle
First aired April 25, 2012
- Featured photographer: Ann He
- Special guests: Georgina Chapman, Brownwyn Cosgrave, Phoebe Stephens, Annette Stephens, Sofia Sizzi, Julian Louie, Siki Im, Giovanna Bataglia, Derek Blasberg, Elizabeth Saltzman, Keren Craig, Francisco Costa
First aired May 2, 2012
- Featured photographer: Paul Tsang
- Special guests: Barney Cheng, Toby Leung, Isabel Augusto, Clement Chan, Anita Patrickson
First aired May 9, 2012
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special guest: Nicholas Tse, Anita Patrickson
First aired May 16, 2012
- Featured photographer: Jez Smith
- Special guest: Ben Bennett, William Tang, Gregory Derham, Henry Lau, Marisa Zeman, Evelyn Ho, Marco Chan, Anita Patrickson
First aired May 23, 2012
- Special guest: Anansa Sims
First aired May 30, 2012
- Featured Photographer: Jez Smith
- Special guest: Valentina Serra
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant was part of a non-elimination bottom four
- The contestant won the competition
- Episode 1 photo shoot: American vs. British public figures
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Toddlers of Kris Jenner
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Very.com trends campaign
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Posing with British hats and American cars
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Covered in maple leaves and syrup
- Episode 6 music video: Booty Tooch group video
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Art installments at a dinner party hosted by Estelle
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Hello Kitty couture
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Wearing silk gowns with silkworms
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Harnessed on the Macau Tower
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Dream Come True perfume in a life-sized bottle
- Episode 13 photo shoot & commercial: Beauty in Vogue spread; CoverGirl Blast Flipstick commercial and print ad
- Alisha – Black brown weave with one side shaved
- Annaliese – Crazy teased weave, later; weave removed
- Ashley – Strawberry blunt cut
- AzMarie – Shaved design
- Candace – Extra long weave
- Catherine – Magenta pink
- Eboni – Straight brown weave with bangs
- Kyle – Strawberry blonde with bangs
- Laura – Dyed platinum blonde with blue & red clip-in extensions
- Louise – Beige blunt cut
- Mariah – Ombre with bangs
- Seymone – Milk chocolate weave
- Sophie – Cotton candy pink with bleached eyebrows
During filming, an argument took place between judge Kelly Cutrone and contestant Louise Watts, resulting in Watts voluntarily leaving the show. Following transmission of the episode, Cutrone posted mocking videos to Watts online, and came under fire from fans of the show who accused her of cyberbullying.
- In episode 3, Louise would have been called 8th had she not quit the competition. After revealing this, Tyra asked Alisha, Ashley, Candace, and Eboni to step forward and announced that they were all safe.
- In episode 10, Alisha quit the competition after Eboni's elimination.
- "The British are coming!; America's Next Top Model: British Invasion premiered Wednesday, February 29". The CW. February 9, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "'America's Next Top Model' Lisa D'Amato Q&A: 'Being a mentor was fun'". Digital Spy. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- Lo, Danica (February 29, 2012). "Kelly Cutrone on Judging America's Next Top Model: "If I Keep Smacking Down, We Might Not Have Any Girls Left."". Glamour. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Molly Friedman (February 28, 2012). "Will Kelly Cutrone and Tyra Banks Butt Heads on New ANTM Cycle 18 Judges' Panel?" (Web page). wetpaint.com. Wetpaint Entertainment. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "About Cycle 18 Of America's Next Top Model". The CW. February 9, 2012. Archived from the original on October 12, 2007. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Nessif, Bruna. "America's Next Top Model: British Invasion Finale: Who Claimed Victory?". Eonline.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- Kirsch, Becky. "Meet the Ladies of America's Next Top Model: British Invasion". Popsugar.com. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "America's Next Top Model Cast | Bios | Laura". Archived from the original on February 24, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- "Listings – TheFutonCritic.com – The Web's Best Television Resource".
- "Listings – TheFutonCritic.com – The Web's Best Television Resource".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 8, 2013. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- FuckMathVEVO (March 17, 2012). "Kelly Cutrone's Response To Louise Watts!!" – via YouTube.
- "Kelly Cutrone on 'ANTM: British Invasion' Quitter Louise: My PR Minions Will 'Take Her Down'".