Bangladesh–Colombia relations refers to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Colombia. Colombia and Venezuela jointly recognized Bangladesh on May 2, 1972. Both the countries are members of Non-Aligned Movement. Neither country has a resident ambassador.
High level visit
Areas of cooperation
Some common issues between the two countries like climate change adaptation, disaster management, vulnerable group protection etc. have been identified as areas for cooperation. In 2009, Bangladesh President Zillur Rahman called for the transfer of technology between the two countries in the agriculture sector.
Both the countries have expressed their interests in expanding the bilateral trade. In 2009, Colombia proposed to sign a memorandum of understanding with Bangladesh to boost the bilateral trade and commerce. Bangladeshi apparels, jute products, pharmaceuticals and handicrafts have been identified as potential products with huge demand in Colombia. The two countries have signed visa waiver agreement to ensure smooth travel of businessmen.
Colombia has sent priests for the Roman Catholic community of Bangladesh.
- Asian Recorder. 18. 1972. p. viii.
- "Bangladesh looks to Latin America for trade". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). Retrieved 14 January 2014.
Foreign Secretary Mijarul Quayes has recently made a rapid tour of Latin America and saw Bangladesh's immense business potential ...
- "Colombia keen to expand trade, investment". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). Retrieved 14 January 2014.
Bangladesh Ambassador to the USA Akramul Qader who is also concurrently accredited as ambassador to Brazil, Mexico and Colombia presented his credentials to Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderòn last Tuesday. ...
- "Akramul Qader presents credentials to Colombian President". United News of Bangladesh. 2 September 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Invest in Bangladesh". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). Retrieved 14 January 2014.
President Zillur Rahman yesterday emphasised the need for increasing the volume of foreign direct investment (FDI) ...
- "President urges Colombian entrepreneurs to invest here". The Bangabhaban. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
President Zillur Rahman today urged the Colombian entrepreneurs to invest here by taking advantage of various lucrative offers providing by the present government to increase volume of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). ...
- "Dhaka-Colombia trade ties stressed". The Financial Express (Bangladesh). Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Cervellera, Bernardo. "P. Belisario: From Colombia to Bangladesh, the "folly" of the mission". asianews.it. Autogestione contenuti di AsiaNews C.F. Retrieved 2 July 2015.