|Member of the European Parliament|
for North-West Italy
|Assumed office |
1 July 2014
|Born||1 January 1986|
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||University of Bologna|
During his first term from 2014 until 2019, Benifei served on the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. In 2019, he moved to the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection. In 2020, he also joined the Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age. In this capacity, he serves as the Parliament’s lead rapporteur on the Artificial Intelligence Act (2021). Since 2021, he has been part of the Parliament's delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
In addition to his committee assignments, Benifei is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on the Digital Agenda, the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas, the European Parliament Intergroup on Cancer, the MEP Alliance for Mental Health, the European Parliament Intergroup on Disability, the MEPs Against Cancer group, and of the UNITE – Parliamentary Network to End HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and Other Infectious Diseases.
- Reimagine Europa, Member of the Advisory Board
- "Chi è stato eletto alle Europee". Il Post (in Italian). 28 May 2019. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- Members of the Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age European Parliament, press release of July 9, 2020.
- Melissa Heikkilä (October 6, 2021), European Parliament calls for a ban on facial recognition Politico Europe.
- Members of the delegation to the Conference on the Future of Europe European Parliament.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Digital Agenda.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- Intergroup European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC).
- MEP Alliance for Mental Health: Our Supporters Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks.
- Bureau of the Disability Intergroup of the European Parliament is established European Disability Forum, press release of 14 February 2020.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
- Members – Western & Central Europe
- Advisory Board Reimagine Europa.