Cambridge Bay Airport
|Cambridge Bay Airport|
|Owner/Operator||Government of Nunavut|
|Location||Cambridge Bay, Nunavut|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−07:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−06:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||102 ft / 31 m|
In December 2005 the Government of Nunavut announced that they would spend $18 million to pave the runway.
On 14 May 2008 a press release from the then Premier of Nunavut, Paul Okalik, and Member of the Legislative Assembly, Keith Peterson, indicated that over the next three years the runway would be widened and lengthened.
Airlines and destinations
|Canadian North||Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk, Taloyoak, Yellowknife|
|First Air||Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk, Taloyoak, Yellowknife|
|Air Tindi||Charter and MEDIVAC|
|Canadian Helicopters||North Warning System contract|
|Kitikmeot Helicopters||Charters, joint operation with Great Slave Helicopters|
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 27 April 2017 to 0901Z 22 June 2017
- Airport Divestiture Status Report Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived December 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Nunatsiaq News
- Government of Nunavut to improve Cambridge Bay Airport
- Flight Schedule and Route Map Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine..
- https://firstair.ca/schedule/index.php?FROM=YCB First Air Flight Schedule]
- HNZ Group Wins US Department of Defense North Warning System Contract
- Kitikmeot Air
- Great Slave Helicopters – Partners
- Kitikmeot Helicopters
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cambridge Bay Airport.|