|Transistors||10 nm (Tri-Gate) transistors|
|Instructions||x86-64, Intel 64|
|Predecessor||Coffee Lake (Optimization)|
Cannonlake (formerly Skymont) is Intel's codename for the 10-nanometer die shrink of the Kaby Lake microarchitecture. As a die shrink, Cannonlake is a new process in Intel's "Process-Architecture-Optimization" execution plan as the next step in semiconductor fabrication. Cannonlake will be used in conjunction with Intel 300 Series chipsets.
Cannonlake was initially expected to be released in 2016, but the release got pushed back to 2017. Intel demonstrated a laptop with an unknown Cannonlake CPU at CES 2017 and announced that Cannonlake based products will be available by the end of 2017. Before Cannonlake's launch, Intel is expected to launch another 14 nm process refinement with the codename Coffee Lake.
- Gen 10 GPU
- 300 Series chipset
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbit/s support, 6 ports
- Thermal design power (TDP) up to 95 W (LGA 1151)
- AVX-512 instruction set extension.
- "Intel confirms tick-tock-shattering Kaby Lake processor as Moore’s Law falters". Ars Technica. 2015-07-16.
- Kirsch, Nathan (2016-02-21). "Intel Cannonlake Added To LLVM’s Clang – AVX-512". Legit Reviews. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- "Intel’s delayed 10nm tech to be uncovered at next month's Intel Developer Forum".
- "Intel's Cannonlake 10nm Microarchitecture is Due For 2016 - Compatible On Union Bay With Union Point PCH". WCCFTech. 2014-06-06. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Intel 300-series chipsets to provide USB 3.1 Gen2 and Gigabit Wi-Fi | KitGuru". www.kitguru.net. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Intel confirms tick-tock-shattering Kaby Lake processor as Moore’s Law falters". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Intel Cannonlake Release Date, Specs & Comparison vs Kaby Lake - Tech News". Tech News. 2017-04-23. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Here's How Intel Is Finally Getting Back on Track With Moore's Law". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Intel Kicks Off CES 2017 with VR, Automated Driving, 5G News and Experiences | Intel Newsroom". Intel Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Intel Kicks Off CES 2017 with VR, Automated Driving, 5G News and Experiences | Intel Newsroom". Intel Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Intel's Kaby Lake will sneak in before the 10nm process". Digital Trends. 25 Jan 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "What's the Name of Intel's Third 10-Nanometer Chip?". The Motley Fool. 25 Jan 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-01.